anyone have DIY for removing the washer fluid tank/hoses?

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I dont think ive seen one but it is not hard at all. 10 min. tops to take it out.

Mr.CuBaN

forum member
Reaction score
lol i just took mine off today it was crack so i took it off.. only has like 3 screws....

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
what'd u do about the rubber hose take is kinda coming from the fendor ?? were u able to just pull it out and did u have to take off the fendor?

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
yep, just pull it out. just do it slowly or it will snap because it is clipped on somewhere inside the fender area. open up the passenger door area and the line from the nozzles pull thru down between the door area so its a straight pull from the fender. if it does snap then just pull the other end out is all i did. i did my own and also my friends car and i managed to successfully pull 2 lines out without having to remove anything to do it.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
I left it in the fender, but later when I put on my new fiberglass fenders I took the hose out. I had no need for the tank or hoses when i installed my new hood. The power wire i just looped it in another hole nearby so it wouldnt hang so far. Wasnt hard to do

RolloTomassi

forum member
Reaction score
Yes!!

Old thread I know, but weight conscious people commonly to overlook this as a mod.

A full windshield tank weighs a few pounds at least, plus hoses.

When trying to shave weight a few pounds here and there really makes a difference.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back