Anyone here ride (road or mountain bikes)

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone here rode a road bike or rides a mountain bike. I just got started getting into the sport about 7 months ago and I love it. I have a raleigh roadie and I have been lately riding my buddies fixey around downtown. Just wanted to see if there were anymore riders in here?

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
I ride a little. I have a rockhopper, havent been able too much because of a back injury but this summer ill be going alot more.

bluebloodbundy

Reaction score
I ride as well. I ride a KHS road bike and I have a couple different off road bikes,a Giant,a Trek, and a GT. It is an awesome sport and an excellent getaway from the daily stress of life. Look into the adventure racing if you are into outdoor sports.

StreamlineGT

forum member
Reaction score
I do when it is nice, and at my own pace. I have a 2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Elite. I have a state forest next to my house, which I like to go out in.

Specialized.jpg

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Not mountain bike anymore, but when I did have one, I used to ride about 18 miles a day. then I got my BMX and went ape shit with that for a while. It's pretty cool being able to jump almost three feet off the ground from a dead halt. haha.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did tris from 90-2000. Ride about 250mi, run 40ish, swim 3ish and weight train 2x a week. Kinda burnt out, and w/ work, and just 'life' happening... didnt have the time to do it like I needed (wanted), and sort of 'retired'.

But, got a bike (Felt 750, Dura Ace, and some specific cogs, I am a spinner) and started thinking about getting back into, again... we shall see.

Great stress relief, and good people.

Tri people are the best... some bike, cat 1-2 and all give more of a 'tude than tri folk; at least they used to...

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
man that specialized is nice, a buddy of mine just picked up a KHS with shimano sora's for like 200. I need to get my derailers tuned and off I go into the sunset LOL!! Biking is a really nice way to unwind after a hard day, or to just getaway.

martinr69

Reaction score
I ride a mountain bike for fun. Plus I also ride a mountain bike for work as well. I ride a trex off work and a cannondale for work. I have been throught the IPMBA and the OPTA bike training and what a blast to do. Both places are for more law enforcment and security but they taught alot on bike riding. My best part was riding up and down stairs lol

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Here's my Gary Fisher Paragon 29er
and my new Specilized Carbon Roadie....

My MS150 training has begun!... shedding 30lbs in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 28
  • tarmac.jpg
    tarmac.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 29

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Did not do the tour.... Was too dang cold Sunday
will be riding the Bluebonnet Express this weekend

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My cousin's wife did the MS150 last year. I used to ride off-road bikes, then I rediscovered dirtbikes.. ring, ding, ding..

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I used to be really into Mountain Biking, i have a Trek VRX200 with a Triple Crown Fork and Shimano XT everything, did some really hardcore single track riding for about 7 years, it was great fun but im suprised i havnt gotten seriously injured.

My riding friend moved about 2 years ago and i havnt been on the bike since, still have the bike though, i gotta post some pix.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
I ride a Cannondale, and really enjoy it. Last summer the group I ride with really hit it hard on both single track and improved trails. It's a great way to see Germany.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
My cousin's wife did the MS150 last year. I used to ride off-road bikes, then I rediscovered dirtbikes.. ring, ding, ding..

Ha... I did the complete opposite... ran the dirtbike's in my teen years, and now I spend more money (and hurt myself more often) pedaling!

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
Did not do the tour.... Was too dang cold Sunday
will be riding the Bluebonnet Express this weekend

Hell yea but man that was an awesome ride, the wind was killer though riding up to katy from hwy6 and westheimer was a pain. But i gotta say that the whole thing was really nice to do finished to 200.

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score

I did the opposite also, im a roadiethinking about picking up a haro mountain bike with fox racing front and rear shocks.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I used to ride and race a lot in Europe, but then life got in the way. Now it's mostly recreational. I only use my GPS for some data, don't use a powermeter anymore. I just love to ride.

Old pic of the road bike. Before I rebuilt it with custom made bar and stem combo, seat and brake set.
New pic of the tri bike. Probably going to part it out. I just don't use it that much.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did the opposite also, im a roadiethinking about picking up a haro mountain bike with fox racing front and rear shocks.

That's funny, I still have my DV1000 Cannondale and a BMX. It's a 20" Mongoose Solution (alum) with Answer Proforx. I got both of these in the mid 90s.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back