Anyone here ride (road or mountain bikes)

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Just found this thread. I have a Gary Fisher 29er that I love. I am what some would call a newb. Lol. Have been riding for about two months. I love it! Had a bad wreck that ended with me having a concussion on Halloween and haven't riden since. Gotta get new handlebars... I can't wait to get back out there and riding again though!
a6cd0862-c792-f80d.jpg

Nice. A friend of mine has a 29'er. Get rid of those BB5's asap lol.

jjay760

forum member
Reaction score
for someone who would be a beginner at road biking, what would b a good bike to start off on or bang for your buck. wifey want to start biking, im not really into it

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
for entry bikes... I'd stick with Specialized,Trek, Giant... very abundant, always found at your local LBS.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
English please? Bb5's? If that's the wheels than the guy I bought it from gave me two extra sets with it.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
English please? Bb5's? If that's the wheels than the guy I bought it from gave me two extra sets with it.

It's the brakes. Avid BB5's are mechanical discs. They're a decent entry level disc, but the hydraulic discs are a lot better. The clamping force is greater with less effort. For long steep decents, this is a must (okay, maybe not a "must", but it's certainly easier on your hands/forearms).

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha! Lol. I also need some handle bars since I bent mine in my crash. Any advice would be great!

firefighterhill

forum member
Reaction score
I had a Cannondale Prophet, it was a sweet bike and the most expensive bike id ever owned. It could take jumps, ruts whatever I could throw at it. Unfortunately when my garage got broken into they took it. I think my next bike will be either Trek or Giant.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha! Lol. I also need some handle bars since I bent mine in my crash. Any advice would be great!

Holy crap bent? How hard did you go down? Might want to think about getting something a bit more burly. How much do you weigh? I'm using a hussefelt, it's a bit heavier than the stock bontrager but I know it wont bend. Also think about getting something with a fourbolt faceplate.

Just fyi you can pick up some takeoff hydralic brakes off ebay for cheap. Well worth the money if your doing some more advanced riding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-M486-Di...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3364182327

You using clipless? I didn't hate it at first but now I love em'. I fell at first due to not being able to get my feet out fast enough to catch myself.

BTW for anyone wondering about mountain biking and the mustang. My bike fits in my trunk with the rear sets down just fine.

Last edited:

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea I went down pretty hard. And the bike landed on the left hand side of the handlebars. I bought another one this past weekend. I also am finally getting the crank fixed. Two of the three sprockets had really badly bent teeth from bicycles Inc. So I'll be ready to rock and roll by the end of the week!

I am clipless right now but borrowed a buddys road bike and used clip in's and loved it! So I def wanna make the switch just gotta wait now since I'm saving for our anniversary trip to NY in June and the fact I just bought a new rear end and am now spending money on the bike. Lol! But yes eventually I will go clip in!!!

Dr Wu

Faraway
Reaction score
Cycling is excellent therapy, particularly lost in the music of the wilderness...

Last edited:

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
planning on riding my mountain bike for the first time this wknd (post 9 wks since my stem cell transplant). cant wait!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
We're having one of out wettest springs ever, and we still have snow on most of our trails. I haven't been able to go out yet. My favorite trail still has 10 feet of snow on it.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just got myself a road bike about a month ago. It's a Trek 1.2 (2011) and I'm loving it! I was also curious if anyone on here rides any downhill or freeride? I'm looking to get into downhill riding and am in need of a bike! I wanna swap my Gary fisher Xcaliber 29er for a downhill bike. Lmk if yall know of anything!

sgt2719

Reaction score
Hi, I mostly road ride 2 nites a week with a group of friends. Usually 25 to 30 miles a ride with a 15 mph average. Road bike is full carbon Vellum, mountain is Santa Cruz. Great way to have fun with friends.

06WNDVLGT

forum member
Reaction score
Picked up a Cannondale Prophet this spring and road all summer. I think my riding style is a little aggressive for the prophet though, I will probably upgrade next year.

ridenfish39

forum member
Reaction score
New member here just looking around......

I've been an avid cyclist all my life, some years putting in over 10,000 miles depending if I do more road or mtb. I race expert (cat 1) mtb, but got into time trials last year. Bought a Cannondale Slice cheap that was too small for me, but still put in some good times (52.36 40 k) I have a Cannondale System Six with Sram Force, Zipps with Power Tap, Cannondale Tim Johnson CX bike, and Niner Air Nine and One Nine. I sold the Slice and am considering a Trek Speed Concept to race on this summer.
My first mod to my Mustang was a trailer hitch so I could get my bikes around... :D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back