Anyone run Eibach R1 or R2 coilovers?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Just because I wanted to be 100% sure I just called Eibach to get the skinny.

R2’s have always been made by Eibach in California.

R1’s, Pro Streets, etc used to be made by KW for Eibach.

Recently Eibach switched over to making all of their coilovers in California.

These are facts.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Above the line is track manners, below is street response, and left-to-right is the graduation from stock street car to pure track toy.

Am I the only one that got a kick out of this?

Also, what is the longevity like for Cortex's "street" coilover system? I seem to remember hearing that they used custom-valved Koni units for those.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Just because I wanted to be 100% sure I just called Eibach to get the skinny.

R2’s have always been made by Eibach in California.

R1’s, Pro Streets, etc used to be made by KW for Eibach.

Recently Eibach switched over to making all of their coilovers in California.

These are facts.

That's cool they're bringing it to the US. Any idea where they're sourcing their plated parts and such from? I have a hard time believing opening a plating operation in California for a niche market product is economically feasible, but you never know.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
That's cool they're bringing it to the US. Any idea where they're sourcing their plated parts and such from? I have a hard time believing opening a plating operation in California for a niche market product is economically feasible, but you never know.

Like zinc/chrome/galvanizing ect?
I used to be the guy who lined these things up for a smallish earospace machining company. Not that hard or overly expensive at all once you build a relationship.

408Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I love my KW V3's...

The dual adjustable dampers let's me have comfort for cruising and stiffness for racing, or any combination in between.

Don't forget to corner balance your car after coil-overs are installed. Makes a noticeable difference.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I love my KW V3's...

The dual adjustable dampers let's me have comfort for cruising and stiffness for racing, or any combination in between.

Don't forget to corner balance your car after coil-overs are installed. Makes a noticeable difference.

I like KW stuff a lot. Good quality and somehow they make a twin tube/twin piston feel and work a lot like a single. A friend got some Clubsports used that I rebuilt/powdercoated/anodized/Ti nitrided for him. They work really, really well.

The only issue that I have with the V3's is that they have progressive springs. I'm not saying they don't work, KW may have figured out some sort of valving that compliments a progressive spring. But every other experience I have had with progressive springs has been shit.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Like zinc/chrome/galvanizing ect?
I used to be the guy who lined these things up for a smallish earospace machining company. Not that hard or overly expensive at all once you build a relationship.

You're correct...but getting a new, non-grandfathered discharge permit for such things is very difficult, and has very, very small limits of the levels of certain things (chromium, cadmium, etc.) that can be discharged. Texas and Oklahoma are bad enough, I don't even want to think about what California is like.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
That's the "Mature" and "adult" discussion HE initiated with me after he criticized the way my car handled and rode without ever having driven my car or any car set up like it. I have had people with far more pedigre then him in my car and absent Dave from SPS who caught the car in a really fucked up car setup place, not a single one of them thought the car's issue was handling balance. Power, brakes, and weight, yes. Overall grip, yes, but handling balance itself, never.

Carry on.
You know what's mature? Posting private PMs publicly. That's the most chickensh!t thing you can do on a forum, really. On most forums this gets you kicked out and banned, but not here. Which is a shame, because we could all use a little bit less Whiskey in our lives. :dunce:

By the way, I stand by those PRIVATE messages 100%. I wouldn't change a single word, and I'm kind of glad you posted them (again), even if you're too dense to understand why I sent them and what I wrote. Now everyone can see my "Last place isn't the best place to look for advice" axiom. Maybe someone else will at least learn something from what I wrote to you.

Cheers,

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Mehhhh lets get to the real topic at hand. Not this yaaa yaaa baby back BS. We are all grown men. More about suspension and less about seeing who can piss the longest distance

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
But in all seriousness there's some awesome tech there

It's how I learned to design my last cage to be NASA, SCCA and NHRA compliant. Learn a lot on that forum as long as you dont try to post.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back