Anyone run VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA or Nitto Invio tires? replacing Pzero Rosso

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
So the Saleen came with Pirelli Pzero Rosso, they are great tires and all but with a 220 Tread wear and 12k miles on the car the rears are bald, need to get tires on before the season starts...

I put on about 6 - 8k miles a year so the tires will last me 2 seasons. THe car is mostly street driven but i do run a few Autocross events in a season. I want to run 245/40 & 275/40.

So far the Nitto INvio and VREDESTEIN ULTRAC look good for the tread wear, speed rating and price comparison. both have a really intesting tread design, Both have treadwear under 300 both have speed rating 150+mph and both cost around $250 each (Rosso is $360ea).

Are there any other tires you would consider? Are the Rosso's that supperior to these other tires that its worth the extra cash? Im dont would spendi the money if the product as superior but is the 30% permium justified or is it brand name hype?

fordrocks

forum member
Reaction score
I run them, they are great for DD and they perform better in the rain compared to my Toyo Proxes4. Tread pattern is cool but weird, I damn near flipped on my master mech buddy who installed them because the patterns faced all different ways but a phone call to Vredestein confirmed he did everything right.
Front
IMG_0576-1.jpg

IMG_0574-1.jpg

Rear
IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

fordrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Those are sick looking my friend...

Thanks, I was going to go with the invos but I got a killer discount on these from some dude on the TS forums so I gave them a try. With the rain here in South FL. I needed something that can cut through water without hydroplaning much.

fordrocks

forum member
Reaction score
That is one crazy but awesome looking tread pattern, how do they perform?

I like them for my DD, sidewalls are pretty stiff and so they are pretty responsive, straight-line they are so so off the line(not enough flat contact patch), surprisingly they are not noisy, and cost is great.
I would buy these for any DD again, for drag racing I wouldn't bet too much but overall performance is pretty damn good all things considered.

05RedDevil

forum member
Reaction score
I used to have the Vredstein and they were terrible. I couldn't maintain traction for shit. I now have invo's and are much better all around.
When I had 555R's in they rear, they were obviously the best on warm dry roads but the Invo's are better for cold weather and rain

Meikol02

Reaction score
I went from the Rosso to the Invo on the rear (third set of rears).

Invos-

PROS:
The Invo is softer than the Pirelli so it sticks better (better not great) on a launch.
They are also quieter and better in the rain than the Rossos.

CONS:
They are not nearly as stable at higher speeds.
They tend to track grooves and float more.
For harder cornering like Autocross, I think it is too soft a sidewall.

I was considering the vredsteins, but went with the Invos. Next time I will run something else, probably the Michelin Pilot Sport II.

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I ended up just ordering the Rosso's for the rear as i coudlnt find stock for my sizes in the Invio or the Vradensteins. My Rosso's up front still have life in them but they are too wide for the new front wheels, id like to get 245/40's for the front but i can only find ONE in stock out of all the vendors ive checked with.

600RRoush

Reaction score
I have 295/35/20 Invos on the rear. Its a nice ride for my DD, they are pretty sticky, good traction off launch. Only thing I didn't like is they are sticky enough to pick up and throw every little grain of sand up onto the back of the car. I have only driven with them on in the rain twice and it did hydroplain on me once at about 60 mph. Luckily I was able to get traction before sliding off. I have had many different tires on many different sports cars in the past few years and this was the first one to completely break loose and slide around in the rain.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back