Anyone running the Ford Racing 4.6L HIGH-FLOW CNC CYLINDER HEADS ???

Back@itagain

forum member
Reaction score
We wanted take some time this morning to address a few things regarding some concerns some of you might have.

To our knowledge, we here at Livernois Motorsports, have attempted to help and corrected any problems/situations regarding any of our products. Sometimes there have been situations where a customer would not allow us to address any problems. If you are a customer that has had an issue but not made us aware, we urge you to do so we can help make it right.

Regarding any issue that a customer may have, any time we were made aware of any issue, and allowed to rectify the situation, we did so as quickly as possible and have had no known problems since.Likewise is there is ever a request to make modifications based on customer feedback (without of course inhibiting quality, or performance) we follow this shift in market demand. We just aren't the type of company that ignores feedback, we embrace it as long as it isn't bashing (and even then we try to weed through this to determine if there is actually something that needs addressing).

To my knowledge our heads are on the quickest 2v, 3v, and 4v on the planet still, and I promise you, that is not because of low quality. Are we human and have had some missteps in the past? Absolutely, every company and person has, but we truly feel we have done the best we could to address anything. Many times we have even stepped up when it had nothing to do with our product on why something failed as we believe in building customer relationships.

We are here to service our customers whether they are happy, or dissatisfied, and will continue to do so as long as we are given reasonable chances to do so. That goes for anyone that has an issue, while we can't promise the world, we always do our best to find a solution to someone's problems.

If anyone has any questions, by all means bring them to our attention in a PM, or even another thread, OP, we apologize for any part we have in derailing your thread, and I hope you continue to get up to date, factual information on your inquiry.

I am not looking to rehash my past dealings with Livernois as I believe they are well documented in that prior thread and it really serves no purpose at this time. As I said then and continue to believe, these forums can serve as our own consumer protection "agency". I do think everyone here should have the basic reasoning skills to formulate logical questions in an effort to find the solutions to their questions...soon an effort to get factual up to date information I have one question. Is Livernois' presence in this thread regarding FRPP cylinder heads to be taken as a positive affirmation that Livernois does indeed CNC and assemble the same cylinder heads which are then rebadged by FRPP and resold to the public at a greatly marked up price?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not looking to rehash my past dealings with Livernois as I believe they are well documented in that prior thread and it really serves no purpose at this time. As I said then and continue to believe, these forums can serve as our own consumer protection "agency". I do think everyone here should have the basic reasoning skills to formulate logical questions in an effort to find the solutions to their questions...soon an effort to get factual up to date information I have one question. Is Livernois' presence in this thread regarding FRPP cylinder heads to be taken as a positive affirmation that Livernois does indeed CNC and assemble the same cylinder heads which are then rebadged by FRPP and resold to the public at a greatly marked up price?

Hi Brian,

I do know from my previous discussion with the Tech at Ford Racing their heads are done by [Livernois].

Now what might not be said and I did not ask is the following.

The FRPP heads are done to a Specific Standard and perhaps inspected many times going through the process.

Then those heads are shipped back to FRPP and once again inspected by them before they are sent out to their customers.

I know lots of times products come from the same Manufacturer but to different standards.

(Thus different cost)

Terry

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Terry, I am doing just fine. You really should check out the RGR heads though, RGR is one of the top engine builders.

Earl

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Terry, I am doing just fine. You really should check out the RGR heads though, RGR is one of the top engine builders.

Earl

Earl,

I did go check it out and $4,000 Dollars is some serious Cash to me.

The FRPP heads are like I think $1,650.00 ea Approx.
(Brenspeed)

Less at Tousley $1,457.50 ea.

Total $2,900.00 Approx.

FREE Drop-Off-Shipping and No-Tax.

So the RGR heads are another $1,100.00 Dollars.

Trust me I am not saying the RGR are not 1st class.

I'm saying that other additional $1,100 dollars can pay Labor etc. on the other FRPP heads.

Maybe if I was racing mine it might be different but to just mainly drive it I have to get the most for the expenditure.

I am not yet tossing the RGR out just saying in my case I have limited funds and therefore need to spread those dollars out as best I can.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^ or you may be throwing away $2,900. How ever you do the math is up to you. RGR FTW

That is a possibility as you say.

And as I said above to Earl and will add it below.

I am not yet tossing the RGR out just saying in my case I have limited funds and therefore need to spread those dollars out as best I can.

Terry

I just have to get all the variables together and then see where it all ends up Dollar wise.

The RGR Heads appear to me to be Awesome for sure.

And sometimes we do get what we pay for and the RGR Heads might just be an excellent example of that.

http://www.jpcracing.com/rgr-engines-stage-3-cnc-cylinder-3v-heads-hand-finished/

RGR Engines Stage 3 CNC Cylinder 3V Heads Hand Finished

Price:
$3,995.95
SKU:

Vendor:

Brand:
RGR

Condition:

Weight:
70.00 LBS

Rating:
IcoRating0.gif
( )

Availability:

Shipping:
$150.00 (Fixed shipping cost)

Product Description

These are the same cylinder heads used on all of RGR's Custom 322ci Billet Long Blocks including Justin Burchams Record Setting 3v running 8.48 @ 163mph.
These are the baddest heads on the market for any Blower, Turbo, Nitrous or HI HP N/A Engines.​
Valve Job is done on a CNC Newen Single Point Machine
Fully assembled w/o camshafts
Intake flow rate 315 CFM
Exhaust flow rate 225 CFM
RGR Custom Valve Job
Ferrea Comp. Stainless 1mm Oversize Intake Valves : SINGLE GROOVE!
Custom Hi Temp Super Alloy 1mm Oversize Exhaust Valves : SINGLE GROOVE!
Bronze guides
Ford valve seals
Ferrea Custom Titanuim Retainers & Ferrea Custom Locks
RGR Custom Hi REV Valve Springs good to over .600 Lift & 11,000 RPMS.
Your heads are required as cores. If you do not
want to supply your heads up front you will be
required to pay the 500.00 core charge. This
charge will be refunded if you return your heads
after your install and they are usuable units.​

Find Similar Products by Category

Terry

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Terry,

At this point you may want to contact your tuner and see how they feel about your purchase. Heads will require custom tune modifications for driveability as well as wot and some tuners are very picky about what they want to tune for or should I say what they want to learn to tune for.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry,

At this point you may want to contact your tuner and see how they feel about your purchase. Heads will require custom tune modifications for Drivability as well as wot and some tuners are very picky about what they want to tune for or should I say what they want to learn to tune for.

Bruce,

Depending on how this goes that will be one of the things discussed for sure.

My thinking is Brent has done enough tuning that honestly I don't see that there would really be all that much difference between these 2-Head Manufactures.

They are very much a like so tuning I don't think will be an issue with Brent.

If I do go with the RGR Heads it will be more for (Peace-of-Mind) than what I think will be the difference between Livernois & RGR on a street application.

Also if I have not said this I should.
(Thanks for your Posts)

Terry

Tron

forum member
Reaction score
...and to think i was berated for suggesting Rich Groh on the first page...

can't wait to see what you decide on Terry, and the pictures that will accompany the install thread!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

can't wait to see what you decide on Terry, and the pictures that will accompany the install thread!

Hi Tron,

Originally Posted by Tron
for the same price you could send a set of stock castings to TEA, Rich Groh, livernois, etc.

Correct but not interested.

Thanks though...

I don't really understand why you think you were beaten up by me on the 1st Post above.
You can see what my response was above and it just says I am not interested in having my stock heads sent off.

Well I can tell you I am also waiting and thinking about this.
So we shall see what ends up happening if anything.
May end up keeping exactly what I already have.

All this is going to finally come down to 2-Major things.

(1) Brenspeed/Brent White

(2) Total Cost for all changes.

Terry

Tron

forum member
Reaction score
Terry,

my "berated" response was directed towards Skwerl. i shouldve quoted what i was responding to.

i can see why you may be apprehensive in your decision on the heads, it isnt exactly a drop in the bucket price wise. do you have a goal set in mind for the car which you are building towards or are you just having fun with building it?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well in my defense I was simply trying to keep the thread on topic for at least the first page. I'm also very interested in opinions on these particular heads and wanted to see some substantial responses before the thread devolved into discussing the merits and drawbacks to alternative heads. There's a huge difference between derailing a thread in the first 10 replies and derailing a thread 3 days later.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry,

my "berated" response was directed towards Skwerl. i shouldve quoted what i was responding to.

i can see why you may be apprehensive in your decision on the heads, it isnt exactly a drop in the bucket price wise. do you have a goal set in mind for the car which you are building towards or are you just having fun with building it?

Tron ...

Here is a very Matter-of-Fact, honest reply.

I have really no goal at all in mind.
I just like messing with new ideas and changing things as I see other things I like.

I'm not going to change something without a POWER-Level in mind though.

Way to much money to not get anything in return as in increased H/P & Torque. at the Rear Tires.

In my case when I was young we use to take our heads and have them done at a local machine shop.

I mention that because I still have the stock heads on my B302 stroker engine.

I like things to be complete and as it stands IMHO mine is not as it sits.

There are many things to take into account from my end so much more thought is going to take place.

Once and if I reach a definite decision I will post right here on this thread.

What I will not say is what exactly I have decided on.

I have learned the hard way never-ever post what you want to do as things can happen with the best plans.

So I'm not going to place myself in the position to have to explain why what I wanted and thought and planned did not happen.

That will be a New Thread ...

Well in my defense I was simply trying to keep the thread on topic for at least the first page. I'm also very interested in opinions on these particular heads and wanted to see some substantial responses before the thread devolved into discussing the merits and drawbacks to alternative heads. There's a huge difference between derailing a thread in the first 10 replies and derailing a thread 3 days later.

Brian ...

It's all good and I knew exactly why you posted what you did in the very 1st posts on this Thread. :thumb2:

Terry

Tron

forum member
Reaction score

i understand where you are coming from. no hard feelings.

Tron ...

Here is a very Matter-of-Fact, honest reply.

I have really no goal at all in mind.
I just like messing with new ideas and changing things as I see other things I like.

I'm not going to change something without a POWER-Level in mind though.

Way to much money to not get anything in return as in increased H/P & Torque. at the Rear Tires.

In my case when I was young we use to take our heads and have them done at a local machine shop.

I mention that because I still have the stock heads on my B302 stroker engine.

I like things to be complete and as it stands IMHO mine is not as it sits.

There are many things to take into account from my end so much more thought is going to take place.

Once and if I reach a definite decision I will post right here on this thread.

What I will not say is what exactly I have decided on.

I have learned the hard way never-ever post what you want to do as things can happen with the best plans.

So I'm not going to place myself in the position to have to explain why what I wanted and thought and planned did not happen.

That will be a New Thread ...

Brian ...

It's all good and I knew exactly why you posted what you did in the very 1st posts on this Thread. :thumb2:

Terry

i see exactly where you are coming from Terry. i cant do anything without it being perfect or trying to get the best of the best even when my salary cant afford it! haha.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i understand where you are coming from. no hard feelings.

i see exactly where you are coming from Terry. i cant do anything without it being perfect or trying to get the best of the best even when my salary cant afford it! haha.

Tron,

To be continued ..........

Terry

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
As gmitch already mentioned, Belinda had all kinds of problems with her FRPP heads which she purchased under the same assumptions which you stated above. I spoke with her several times regarding her FRPP heads and if iirc one set cost her a motor. Her intake ports were over cut just like mine....because it was the program the CNC machine was using to crank out cylinder heads. All because they were flow bench racing??? Maybe... Livernois wanted to sweep this under the rug (anyone else find it suspicious that the thread was closed? I do and pretty sure I know why!). If the actual number of messed up heads between bad broonze valve guides and pathetic port jobs actually got out Livernois would have faced a pretty big financial beating. Instead, imo, they are counting on a little luck and "dumb" consumers.

As someone else suggested, look at Fox Lake or RGR. There is a reason why JPC stopped dealing with Livernois and moved to RGR!

Also, that limiter pictured is another Livernois product.
Sorry to be off topic, but this sounds just like flock and their 4th gen issues.
Glad I won't ever buy a livernois product.

Back