Anyone tried Modular Ford Oil Pan Gasket Windage Tray Combo

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Back when I had my 3v Ford had a cast aluminum oil pan that was larger than stock with a really nice windage tray. I have no idea where (or if) you could still find one.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
It looks the same as the Ford Performance BR3Z-6710-B combination oil pan gasket/windage tray that came as standard in the 13-14 GT500. It'll also fit on the 4.6 3V engine but you can buy it for much less from a Ford stealership.
Note that you'd also need the 07-14 GT500 oil pump pick up tube (Ford part no. 7R3Z6622AA) so it would also be a good opportunity to upgrade to a 13-14 GT500 oil pump (Ford part no. DR3Z6600A). It's a high pressure pump with a steel backplate that won't flex at sustained high rpm unlike the aluminium one that came on the original 4.6 3V oil pump. Indeed the GT500 pump is now a stock replacement at the Ford stealership.
Finally you could also add a 13-14 GT500 8.5 quart oil pan (Ford part no. DR3Z-6675-A) with only minor clearansing of the GT500 windage tray required. Perfect if you need the extra oil capacity for a forced induction application or racing in a high revving NA application.

Reaction score
Sure, the Bosses also have those for high revs/“G” force cornering. Holds the 8.5-9qts. and they specify 5/50wt viscosity. Ford labels as one of the “UNIQUE” additions. Was that term a new word just thought up for those things lol? No, somebody another forum said Shelby’s only use that word in place, oh well.

Last edited:

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
5W-50 has the same viscosity as 5W-20 when cold but has a higher viscosity when hot. This is necessary to maintain adequate film strength and oil pressure during sustained high rpm when the engine's generating a lot of heat. The 5W-20 was really only intended for street use to minimize windage and maximize fuel economy. If you road race a lot, 5W-50 is the way to go but if you have a high mileage engine that only sees street use, 5W-30 will do just fine.
A higher capacity baffled oil pan serves two vital functions; it minimises the rise in oil temperature at high engine rpm, and it prevents oil starvation during hard cornering especially if you're running a high volume pump.

Laga

Reaction score
I had heard that, but it doesn't show up in shop manual 303-01B.
If you look on the left hand side of the bin, you’ll see the tray sticking out from under the pistons. This is from last spring when I had the engine rebuilt 434A247C-643C-488A-B5F1-7D0F95C9303B.jpeg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back