Anyone use Joe Heck Racing Billet Aluminum LCA's?

Baraboor

forum member
Reaction score
Or how do they compare to Roush, Steeda or others.

100_1488__11868_zoom.JPG

IMAGE from http://www.hecticparts.com/products/MUSTANG-BILLET-ALUMINUM-LOWER-CONTROL-{47}-TRAILING-ARM.html

stang72

Family of Stangs
Reaction score
Never heard of them.For about $15 more i'd just buy the bbr billet ones.

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They look really trick but I bought a brand new set of the Roush billet LCA's on this site for less than that. Keep your eyes open because there are always great deals here if you are willing to wait.

Chim-Chim

Will drive for food
Reaction score
Those are some of the most blingtastic LCA's I've seen. Doesn't necessarily mean they are well engineered, but they sure do look nice.

Do you want bling or performance? LCA's like those with poly on both ends will introduce bind in the the 3-link's articulation. The bind will also lead to rather quick failure of the poly bushings if you do any corner carving. Been there, done that with a set of poly/poly tubular LCA's before I got a set with a rod end on one end.

If you want performance, go with something that has a rod end on one end, or better yet for a street/track machine, one of the UMI LCA's with the Roto-Joint (basically a rebuildable rod end with delrin races that are supposed to quiet things down a bit).

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
wow they took off as much material off the LCA as possible. Interesting to know if they FEA or some analysis tool to determine if they are able to take off that much material while still keeping the structural ability of them.

DRock

Reaction score
Do you want bling or performance? LCA's like those with poly on both ends will introduce bind in the the 3-link's articulation. The bind will also lead to rather quick failure of the poly bushings if you do any corner carving. Been there, done that with a set of poly/poly tubular LCA's before I got a set with a rod end on one end.

This. Go get some Poly/rod LCA's and call it a day. They arent as loud as people make them out to be. Windows down or radio on or with the back seats up you hear nothing. I am partial to my BMR ones

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and I have a set of UMI poly/rod for sale. I'll just have to find them. PM me if interested. mine are black.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back