April Race...another Win!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Did I ever mention how much I love bracket racing? Well I do if you hadnt noticed...haha....I won this months event. That's 3 wins in a row! Was a busy night with 22 cars in my class. The weather was all over the place DA starting around 1400 ft. Car was fast, then the wind died and it got humid and slowed the car down. Then the air cooled and it got quick again. I changed my dial in 4x in 5 races. LOL One race was a double breakout but I broke out less...by .001 now thats close...a thousandth of a second. In the final two races I dialed a 12.40 and ran 12.41 both times. Its a hellova season so far, a third place and 3 wins! Woohoo.

daveyboy

forum member
Reaction score
fine job there sir. my car runs really consitant, I just can cut a light. what is you secret.

Last edited:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Outstanding, Patrick! I'd like to think it's the TCI ratchet shifter that's the reason for your success. J/K. You've got your car running so incredibly consistent, you have a great understanding of how weather will affect your car, and I'm assuming you've got the tree mastered.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Good job sir! It's those Relo Brackets! J/K ;)

Dude not kidding these are freaking awesome. It's a big part of it.

@davey The tree is one thing I like to think I have a handle on. For my car I shallow stage and anticipate the third yellow coming on. I time it like any musician would....haha. One two go. Gets me in the 51-55 nearly every time. I leave off idle too. So as I'm slamming the go pedal the third yellow is coming on. If I wait for the third yellow to be lit I'm too late. Gonna be .7 something. The key is to shallow stage. Just creep forward enough to turn on those staged lights.

@ray. Yeah man I had to get another shelf. The hardware is adding up. This was number 16. Woohoo.

@brian. The tci is gorgeous. I never shift it either haha... But I love how it looks. It intimidates the competition!

The key is to find something that is repeatable. Bracket racing is doing the exact same thing everytime.

May is our big 3 day memorial weekend race. That's 3 more events I got a shot at winning. There is also a domestic vs import team event I'm on. 8 cars on each team. Win a round get a point for your team. We tried to make it a all mustang team but they wouldn't allow it. Haha. It'll be fun.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back