Back with a new build, what should I expect?

spyder7724

Reaction score
Picked up a decent fox body ( I know not an s197) and I'm gonna try and show the LS guys we can do JY swaps and run with them.
Car is a stripped out four eye with AJE front and baseline rear suspension. Moly 10pt. Cage etc. Etc.
I'm doing an F150 coyote straight out of the junkyard with a 76mm turbo and a glide...yes for those who know me... I'll answer it now... it's not N/A but these engines just scream gimme boost.
What kind of power can you guys coax from a stock coyote with boost?
I'm not trying to set the world on fire but I'd like to run some high 8's ...think it's possible?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Revolution Automotive has run 8s with a stock coyote long block and a big single. That was in a new edge Stang. I'm sure your 4-eye will be lighter.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Revolution Automotive has run 8s with a stock coyote long block and a big single. That was in a new edge Stang. I'm sure your 4-eye will be lighter.

That's what I wanted to hear. From what I've seen from some of the coyote owners here I should be able to push this POS fox body deep in the 8's on a stock long block.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It's certainly doable. I'm thinking about doing a similar project myself! Can't wait to see updates from your project.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Sounds bad ass! Do you have a target weight you want the car to be?

Hoping for 2800# with me in it. It's gutted already (except Power doors) but I'm going to put some of the interior back in like the carpet and headliner etc.
I'm not exactly small (230ish) so I'll be looking for everything to take off I can. The bumper crash bars gotta go too.
The more 2011-up coyotes I see running 9's with bone stock engines and boost the more I realize I should have no problem on this one.
I found an engine for $2600 that has 3k miles and one with 49k miles for $2000 ....one more week and I'm calling to get one shipped in.
Have some different stuff planned for tuning also...I'll keep you guys posted.
Can't wait to start messing with the 5.0 engine.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Subbed on this! Good luck with the build and make sure to post tons of pics!!!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Safely around 700rwhp without billet oil pump gears and cooling jacket mods.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back