Bad gas?

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Quick question...why are some of the plug threads covered in $h!t? Is there any water or other contamination getting into the spark plug wells? The 2 valve F-150s are pretty notorious for this.
No idea but no water that I can see. Everying looked sealed up good.

No problem, It's scary when you pull plugs like that, the only time I've actually burned a plug like that was on nitrous and I had it pulled too lean. Fortunatly my piston didn't have a hole in it.
However, thats what makes me think that cylinder isn't getting enough gas. The injector could be stopped up, also Have you thought about a compression test?

I was thinking about comp test and may do it this weekend just to see how each cylinder is doing.

Jonwang822

forum member
Reaction score
The ghetto gas strikes again! Hide yo injectors, hide yo plugs and hide yo pistons cause dey rapin err body out here!!!! o_O

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Found a pump near buy with 110 filled up half tank still having issues. Looks like injectors or coils. The saga continues...

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Put 93 tune back in put rev limited to 6500rpm on drive and neutral. Car sounded good reved it some sitting. No signs of detonation nor spark plug wear.

Here is the weird part. When I rev past 4k rpm I hear a slight BEEP like the same beep when you touch the Ebrake while driving.

Going to reset battery.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Reset battery no more beeping. Car seems to be better still some detonation.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
I started running Shell gasoline a few weeks ago. Well a week ago I had to drag my car to the mechanics and have all 8 plugs pulled and swapped burnt to a crisp and all injectors cleaned out. Runs like a champ now and finally managed to get 19.3 mpg city on the way home. So now I stick to Pilot. I can't remember the last time I saw a real bp here in Knoxville.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Car is still detonating not as much but it's there. The tank has 7 gallons of 110 sunoco and the rest 93 from BP. I replaced coils last night and it seemed to be ok, but I dont want to get on it too much until I replace the injectors and clean fuel rail. I bought another fuel filter as well to replace when this tank is almost empty and I fill back up. I have an ultrasonic cleaner so I may just clean the injectors my self and test them to see if they look ok before sending to professional.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
I started running Shell gasoline a few weeks ago. Well a week ago I had to drag my car to the mechanics and have all 8 plugs pulled and swapped burnt to a crisp and all injectors cleaned out. Runs like a champ now and finally managed to get 19.3 mpg city on the way home. So now I stick to Pilot. I can't remember the last time I saw a real bp here in Knoxville.
Wow :thud: another shell story.

Some fresh gas and a little marvels mystery oil.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Bought all the parts to make my own fuel injector cleaner and tester will update with video. Should be this weekend if parts make it.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score

I used to think shell was good gas but not so much anymore. I usually run Sunoco gas.. Kind of strang you don't have bp's in knoxville there are several around town here. I'm just a couple hours away from you.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Shit when I was traveling through knoxville it felt like a ghost town at night and that was at 11pm. Hopefully this helps my girls car just started to act like this but not as bad so Im going to try clean her injectors and shit this weekend.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
New coil's in and car seems to be running MUCH better. I will also be testing old coils to see if I find a wild one. Still doesnt make much sense if it is a bad coil to eat a plug.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have run Shell since I got my car with no problems. I really like it. I get it from a newer one by a major highway and they sell a lot of 93 so it's fresh maybe. I'll have to give BP a shot. Theyre next to the Shell anyway...

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
I can't wait to test the coil with a plug and see what it does. Interesting if it truly was a malfunctioning coil.

Video's to come.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back