bad reviews, where are they?

stangfreak

forum member
Reaction score
have you ever noticed on the american muscle website all the reviews are ALWAYS good? that's because the bad ones never get published. i bought a grill that was ill fitting and totally unsatisfactory. the gap on either side is up to 1/4 inch. i sent pics feedback but my pics and comments never got posted. infact, i wouldn't be suprised if this thread gets deleted. are the reviews there to help the consumer or to simply push the product?

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/Procharged347/?action=view&current=029-1.mp4

Last edited:

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
have you ever noticed on the american muscle website all the reviews are ALWAYS good? that's because the bad ones never get published. i bought a grill that was ill fitting and totally unsatisfactory. the gap on either side is up to 1/4 inch. i sent pics feedback but my pics and comments never got posted. infact, i wouldn't be suprised if this thread gets deleted. are the reviews there to help the consumer or to simply push the product?

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/Procharged347/?action=view&current=029-1.mp4

Hey,

I think alot of it is that the feedback is usually sorted. I know there's products with negative reviews. We don't moderate/delete reviews unless they're just belligerent or using foul language. If the review is negative, but fair and factual - we absolutely publish it. We've even denied POSITIVE reviews because of foul language. Also, we never delete negative threads about us outside of our site. We're a stand up company, and making this thread disappear would do nothing but further aggravate you, and potentially other good customers.

If you tell me what the SKU is that you reviewed, I can see what's up with the negative review you submitted. They take some time to approve. We get hundreds of reviews every day.

We've never been a shady company or been afraid to say when we or the vendors we carry make mistakes. It's not how we do business.

Here's an example: http://www.americanmuscle.com/saleen-bodykit-9904.html <--- there's not one GOOD review on that product

This product is to the point where we're in talks with the vendor about fixing the issue or discontinuing the item.

Sorry about your experience, but I promise - we're not that way. Let me know on your item and I'll find the review and figure out why it hasn't posted yet.

Chris

Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I saw a bad review on a mirror cap (bad paint) and the guys at AM told the reviewer they would replace the cap no problem. I've always had great customer service with AM.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
item #94439

We have someone who is here full time just to run our reviews system, so I will check with them when they get here first thing in the morning to see what's up.

I just wanted to add one more thing to my post above, because I forgot about it. The only other time that we'll remove negative feedback is in the event that we fix a problem.

We actively use the feedback that we get from product reviews to work with vendors and fix problems. Even on the parts the we manufacture. We'll fix the problem and then wait months and months until the feedback has changed to positive and we're 100% sure the problem is fixed, and then we'll remove some reviews that focus just around the problem we solved - to be fair.

We never deny a factual and genuine negative review for our own interest. I'll find out what's up tomorrow on your review and report back.

Chris

imsuchahotdog

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen negative reviews. For example on the tinted headlight covers I've seen people complain that the tabs break easily, even also of how it's hard to see, which is something the guys at am say too

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
item #94439

Not to pick sides, but i also bought that very same part. Mine fit perfect, didnt have any gaps. I think you may have just gotten one that slipped through the QC crack. Im sure AM will make it right with you.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If they are all good reviews, then that is a bad thing. That means someone is deleting the few bad ones. Yo should always have the good and the bad, its much more believable that way.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
item #94439

To follow up... are you still having trouble with your grill? Did you contact one of our Mustang Experts about it yet?

If not, just let me know your order number and I'll send out a replacement grill and a return tag for the old one, right away!

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll get you a perfect fitting grill out ASAP!

Chris

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To follow up... are you still having trouble with your grill? Did you contact one of our Mustang Experts about it yet?

If not, just let me know your order number and I'll send out a replacement grill and a return tag for the old one, right away!

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll get you a perfect fitting grill out ASAP!

Chris

Awesome, thats why i do business with you.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If they are all good reviews, then that is a bad thing. That means someone is deleting the few bad ones. Yo should always have the good and the bad, its much more believable that way.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eleanor-grille-0509gt.html

I sorted by "lowest rating" and found a few negatives. There's tons of positive reviews, too. This is a really big seller for us and with the volume we go through, we're bound to have a bad one in the batch somewhere.

The difference is that we have no problem stepping up and making it right. Let us know whenever you guys need anything!

stangfreak

forum member
Reaction score

my thoughts exactly
let me know your order number and I'll send out a replacement grill and a return tag for the old one, right away!

i appreciate that and i will get the info to you asap by pm. there was never any doubt as to wether or not AM would replace the grill it's just the fact that it's a huge inconvenience swapping it out for the stock one and waiting for another hoping that it will fit right. if i had read some reviews saying theirs did not fit correctly and had to be shipped back, i might not have taken the risk in the first place. if you delete the negative reviews after the problem has been resolved, than people don't have any clue as to the hassle they might be in for. you see what i'm saying? i'm a very busy person and i make $30/hour, by the time i get done messing with this i'm going to have $60-$90 of my time invested.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
i appreciate that and i will get the info to you asap by pm. there was never any doubt as to wether or not AM would replace the grill it's just the fact that it's a huge inconvenience swapping it out for the stock one and waiting for another hoping that it will fit right. if i had read some reviews saying theirs did not fit correctly and had to be shipped back, i might not have taken the risk in the first place. if you delete the negative reviews after the problem has been resolved, than people don't have any clue as to the hassle they might be in for. you see what i'm saying? i'm a very busy person and i make $30/hour, by the time i get done messing with this i'm going to have $60-$90 of my time invested.

Your review has been posted. It was submitted on Saturday, so it takes a few business days for us to get to it, especially after being backed up over the weekend. Sorry about that!

For this particular item, we have never deleted ANY reviews, so what I was saying about negative reviews being scrubbed after we fix a specific issue doesn't apply to this grill. Sorry for the confusion!

Chris

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
.....i make $30/hour, by the time i get done messing with this i'm going to have $60-$90 of my time invested.

Unless you are doing swap this during work hours (or in place of hours you could be working) comparing your "work" rate to your personal time is irrelevant.

You don't get paid for personal, ie... not working, time. So it's value has no monetary number attached.

Have you actually lost and money as a result of the problem? Or have you only lost time?

Time = money, but only when someone is actually paying you for your time.

As for reviews, nothing says they have to even accept, much less share them. Summit and Jegs don't.

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score

Chris

This is why, time, and time again I do business with American muscle! Excellent company!

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
I went through 3 sets of louvers before I got some the didn't have paint defects, But you know what they sent me 3 new sets till it was right. I gave them an excellent review mainly because
1. sometimes things have defects
2. excellent customer service
3. lots of youtube vids :)

Last edited:

stangfreak

forum member
Reaction score
Unless you are doing swap this during work hours (or in place of hours you could be working) comparing your "work" rate to your personal time is irrelevant.

You don't get paid for personal, ie... not working, time. So it's value has no monetary number attached.

Have you actually lost and money as a result of the problem? Or have you only lost time?

Time = money, but only when someone is actually paying you for your time.

As for reviews, nothing says they have to even accept, much less share them. Summit and Jegs don't.

you are missing the point, i think it flew right over your head. i would MUCH rather have no reviews at all on a product than only a select few stating it's the greatest product in the world. if there would have been several reviews saying it was an ill fitting product i would not have messed with it. it's not a question of will they replace it or not? i have much better things to do with my time than swap out this grill several times hoping for a good one, messing with packing and shipping ect. not to mention the anxious time spent waiting at the door for it to arrive because i paid an extra $25 for rush shipping. :asshat:

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
you are missing the point, i think it flew right over your head. i would MUCH rather have no reviews at all on a product than only a select few stating it's the greatest product in the world. if there would have been several reviews saying it was an ill fitting product i would not have messed with it. it's not a question of will they replace it or not? i have much better things to do with my time than swap out this grill several times hoping for a good one, messing with packing and shipping ect. not to mention the anxious time spent waiting at the door for it to arrive because i paid an extra $25 for rush shipping. :asshat:

I'm with you. This particular product doesn't have any denied reviews, though. The reviews you see are what have been submitted. That's why I'm pretty sure we have a bad apple and not an ill-fitting product.

If you'd like, we can refund you the $25 that you paid for rush shipping, when we send you a new one and a pre-paid return label for the old one?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back