Bad Sellers

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mister Roper. Im a service advisor for Ford and that's crazy story that they voided your warranty for only having and axle back. They had no base for doing so. The only thing we can do is not approve warranty filing on parts and or service that are directly affected by your aftermarket parts. The only reason we have to do that is that Ford will not pay the warranty and the shop would end up paying the costs. We have only sent in for someones warranty to be voided once. But it was an 6.0 f350 with 2 chips, propane, and nitrous injection, full exhuast, and had already had one tranny replaced under warranty. also the truck had all these website stickers on it and we found video of the same truck on the dyno and at the track. The guy wanted to fight me when he found out his trannsmission going out wasnt covered by warranty any more. but he was crazy thinking he could double stack chips and run nitrous and have a warranty still.

First off.. Roper did not deal with you so you have absolutely no reasoning to post this.

Second... you are either one service writer at a VERY RARE dealer, or completely full of shit. And considering your post count and join date, I am leaning more toward the latter.

Internet is flooded with story after story of dealerships trying to play the "void your warranty" card for just about any reason you can dream up. Hell, it is not uncommon for people to be told that a non drive train issue would not be covered under warranty because they have a CAI installed. In spite of the number of times the MMWA has been posted stating the dealerships do not have a leg to stand on unless (as you stated) the aftermarket part can be proven to be directly related to the failure. For you to claim to work at a dealership and state basically the exact thing the MMWA states is pretty hard to believe.

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
I was telling him that it was fucked up they tried to void his warranty for that. You don't understand that or what? I was saying that as an employee who deals with those kind of things that the Ford dealer he dealt with was way off base.

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
Furthermore its scary to see people in my position try to fuck people out of money and say warranty doesnt cover repairs that it actually does. I guess those companies don't care about repeat business or customer service. Shows why the one dealership that Roper dealt with is out of business now. and I only stated that we did that on an f-350 but that was the only time we have ever done that and it was obvisouly a very rare case.

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
Well heres my advice to you on that situation if something similiar were to occur. One file a law suit. They will have a terrible time in court trying to prove that was the cause of the problem. 2. And this is the best one. If your not happy and feel like your dealer screwed you over. be sure to fill out a bad survey. we get paid off of our survey's for our commission percentage. if they hit you in the wallet hit them right back in theirs. Last month I had a total of five surveys sent in for me. 4 were 100% positive one was negative and it was on an oil change the lady said it was too expensive and that our waiting room wasnt as nice as she would like. I got my pay deducted down by.5 % and lost 500 dollars thanks to her. So theres my advice if your dealer screws you screw them back. As for this month I have 13 surveys so far and all are 100% and our shop for that matter is at 100% for the month and # 1 in our district of Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa. Also that story is almost unbelieveable the Lincoln dealer here in Kc that my dad is the sales manager of they use all quakerstate oil and filters not motorcraft. so Im not sure how they could claim that if Ford has dealers who don't use Ford parts.

Last edited:

n0nleft13

forum member
Reaction score
Well heres my advice to you on that situation if something similiar were to occur. One file a law suit. They will have a terrible time in court trying to prove that was the cause of the problem. 2. And this is the best one. If your not happy and feel like your dealer screwed you over. be sure to fill out a bad survey. we get paid off of our survey's for our commission percentage. if they hit you in the wallet hit them right back in theirs. Last month I had a total of five surveys sent in for me. 4 were 100% positive one was negative and it was on an oil change the lady said it was too expensive and that our waiting room wasnt as nice as she would like. I got my pay deducted down by.5 % and lost 500 dollars thanks to her. So theres my advice if your dealer screws you screw them back. As for this month I have 13 surveys so far and all are 100% and our shop for that matter is at 100% for the month and # 1 in our district of Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa. Also that story is almost unbelieveable the Lincoln dealer here in Kc that my dad is the sales manager of they use all quakerstate oil and filters not motorcraft. so Im not sure how they could claim that if Ford has dealers who don't use Ford parts.

I wish that guy was a forum member here to respond to that.

From my experience I had a situation when I had a lemon car from Ford, the car wouldn't start and turn over. The cost of a lawyer was more than what I would have wanted to spend over pride. Going through the right channels was a joke. I took the car to two different dealers for repair, 3 times at the first and 2 times at the second. I did the BS survey and everything at the first one after the second time. So by your logic he should of had an incentive to correct it the third time so he wouldn't get a deduction in pay. After the 5th time I had a dealer friend of the family want to make good on it and trade it in for something else. After he took it he told me that the 3rd time at the first dealership the car was returned to me one day short of it being a case were the car would have to go back to Ford for attention. At the end on the invoices they claimed to reprogram the computer 5 times and replace it twice.

The day they tried to take the car off the lot and take it to auction it wouldn't start on the lot. After trying for an hour to get it to start they missed the auction and sold it at a subsequent one. Out of shits and giggles I looked up the VIN on carfax 6 months after they sold it to someone. Wouldn't you know it, the car went through 6 owners after I had it. I assumed half were probably dealerships but damn.

I would kill to have a dealership like yours that takes pride in yourself but that is absent in the dealers that I've met, Ford or other.

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
See thats also a problem sometimes Ford will step in and say no. That happens often and then we represent them and look like the idiots. Just ask an owner of the previous generation focus with an automatic.They all have vibrations while driving. Ford will tell you to replace the 3 motor mounts and it won't work. Then when the customers come back and curse me out I have to explain to them that according to Ford its a normal vehicle attribute for your car to shake and vibrate while going down the road.

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
See thats also a problem sometimes Ford will step in and say no. That happens often and then we represent them and look like the idiots. Just ask an owner of the previous generation focus with an automatic.They all have vibrations while driving. Ford will tell you to replace the 3 motor mounts and it won't work. Then when the customers come back and curse me out I have to explain to them that according to Ford its a normal vehicle attribute for your car to shake and vibrate while going down the road.

This prick WELLS backed out of a deal on some side scoops I'm selling in the classifieds. Didn't even have the decency to tell me he'd changed his mind.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, if I put everyone up on here that backed out of buying something after they committed to buy it there would be a few more pages on this thread.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, if I put everyone up on here that backed out of buying something after they committed to buy it there would be a few more pages on this thread.

werd...

aircare84

Reaction score
Just want to share an experience I've had with an ebay seller;
josecuervosr20
He runs a store called 'LincolnLS-Cobra-Saleen'
Purchased a set of center caps from him for my newly bought wheels. I measured my existing plain caps & he measured a set he was selling. Both were 2 3/16"
Cool, I paid & he shipped. They are not close.
Asked for a refund,3 times. Nope, he insists he did nothing wrong. Didn't imply he did. Caps don't fit, give me my money back & resell to someone else. He won't even answer emails anymore.
So, beware, all's he interested in is getting your cash & is not interested in a satisfied customer.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Steeda.ca, Canadian distributor of Steeda parts

I ordered springs & a adjustable panhard bar. When the boxes arrive, I got springs and a strut tower brace for a ford fusion. So I let them know via email and I get a response saying they'll straighten it out ASAP. It turns out they sent my part to the guy buying the STB, and his part to me. So instead of getting me another part from the factory, they wait until the other customer returns my part to them, then forwards the part to me. In total, 6 fucking weeks. When it came time to return the STB they sent me, they gave me their Fedex account number so I overnighted it to them at a horrendous cost. Serves those lazy fucks right. These guys make a mistake, then count on the customers to fix it. They should have sent new parts immediately and re-stocked the mis-sent parts when they arrived.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lmao only thing worse you could have done is shipped it as a flammable/combustible liquid and added that charge to it too lmao

06BlueDemon

Official Village Idiot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SonicElectronix.com

Purchased a Kenwood DPX503 - ad stated install hardware and antenna extender included.

Did not receive dash kit or antenna extender. After I contacted them, they told me the dash kit was on its way - but there was no antenna extender needed.

2 weeks later I decide I want to get the DDX512 instead. I contact them to see about a "non-defective" return and exchange for the higher priced DDX ... they tell me that I will have to pay a 15% restocking fee - 10% "Non-Defective Return Fee" - and the price of the DDX was higher than what was indicated on their webpage.

I'll never deal with them again - through their page or even on eBay.

I ended up selling the DPX503 on eBay for about $20 less than what I gave - then picked up the DDX512.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back