Bad Sellers

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a seller per se, but nevertheless...

JMC Motorsports. San Diego, CA. I decide to try these guys out. I go by, talk to one of the guys and he says that they can handle my car no problem. I wanted a TCI 3K and a one-piece driveshaft installed. I had to wait two weeks, but whatever.

Drop the car off that morning, guy tells me 7 hours. No prob. 5pm rolls around, I still haven't received a phone call. I decide to call and see what's up. He says that the car is almost done and that they just have to get the shaft in and pinion angle set. Ok, you're a bit behind sched, but it happens. The shop closed in 30 min. Where was my phone call to let me know about the car that they said would be done by the end of the day?

Whatever, let it slide. You'll get the car back tomorrow and it's all good.

Next day rolls around, I go straight to the shop after work (~4pm). I see the car in the parking lot and am getting very excited. Go inside and guy tells me that they didn't do ANY work to my car. What the fucking-fuck? I ask why and he tells me that there is a clicking noise coming from the engine. I explain to him that it was an exhaust leak. He says that I have to take it to a dealer to get it fixed before they will touch the car.

There are a few problems here:

A) These car "experts" couldn't tell what an exhaust leak sounded like?
B) Where was the phone call to ask what the sound was?
C) Why did he tell me that the car was basically done the day before when he hadn't even touched it? They would have heard the exhaust leak as soon as they drove it onto the lift.
D) What does an exhaust leak have to do with installing a torque converter and driveshaft?

So basically, they lied to me, held my car for two days and did ZERO work to it. Pretty nice, huh? I get that he was trying to cover his ass, but he did a bad job of doing it. I know some people are adverse to using JBA, but at least they will call you if there is a problem. And now I make sure I disclose EVERYTHING to these people before they get the keys.

I'm not telling you where to spend your money, but I certainly know where I won't be spending mine. Bad part is that they had a really good looking shop and seemed like they knew what they were talking about.

Sorry for the novel.

Last edited:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a seller per se, but nevertheless...

JMC Motorsports. San Diego, CA. I decide to try these guys out. I go by, talk to one of the guys and he says that they can handle my car no problem. I wanted a TCI 3K and a one-piece driveshaft installed. I had to wait two weeks, but whatever.

Drop the car off that morning, guy tells me 7 hours. No prob. 5pm rolls around, I still haven't received a phone call. I decide to call and see what's up. He says that the car is almost done and that they just have to get the shaft in and pinion angle set. Ok, you're a bit behind sched, but it happens. The shop closed in 30 min. Where was my phone call to let me know about the car that they said would be done by the end of the day?

Whatever, let it slide. You'll get the car back tomorrow and it's all good.

Next day rolls around, I go straight to the shop after work (~4pm). I see the car in the parking lot and am getting very excited. Go inside and guy tells me that they didn't do ANY work to my car. What the fucking-fuck? I ask why and he tells me that there is a clicking noise coming from the engine. I explain to him that it was an exhaust leak. He says that I have to take it to a dealer to get it fixed before they will touch the car.

There are a few problems here:

A) These car "experts" couldn't tell what an exhaust leak sounded like?
B) Where was the phone call to ask what the sound was?
C) Why did he tell me that the car was basically done the day before when you hadn't even touched it? They would have heard the exhaust leak as soon as they drove it onto the lift.
D) What does an exhaust leak have to do with installing a torque converter and driveshaft?

So basically, they lied to me, held my car for two days and did ZERO work to it. Pretty nice, huh? I get that he was trying to cover his ass, but he did a bad job of doing it. I know some people are adverse to using JBA, but at least they will call you if there is a problem. And now I make sure I disclose EVERYTHING to these people before they get the keys.

I'm not telling you where to spend your money, but I certainly know where I won't be spending mine. Bad part is that they had a really good looking shop and seemed like they knew what they were talking about.

Sorry for the novel.

You have a valid gripe. Id be pissed..Its one thing to not want to work on it for whatever reason, but dont lie right to your face(on the phone) and tell you its almost done..

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
HSW sucks! Vendors need to honor their sales as advertised. I will edit this posting when they decide to make this right.

LOL now you're gonna try and black mail us? Unbelievable...

Thankfully someone pointed this thread out to me.

1) The sales ad clearly said This is a limited item sale. We have tons in stock and ready to go but once they're gone, they're gone! I do not anticipate the sale running the full length for some products that are in high demand, so I encourage folks to purchase quickly!! This means that the item for sale either ends when sold out or runs the full length, whatever comes first. Tons of other customers had no issues understanding this, so I'm finding it difficult as to why you are? I will see if Kimmer can restore the sales ad so you can re-read it.

2) The sales ad clearly said Its an online sale only. We will be closed on Friday but we usually lurk around the boards to answer any questions you have. This means that we cannot add stuff on over the phone. I'm sorry if you interpreted my PM as stating that.

3) The sales ad clearly said
You need to enter in coupon code: 20 (yes just the numbers 2 & 0) into the coupon code box while checking out. If you don't enter it, we cannot correct it for you, so please do not miss out on it!

4) You called and asked if we could add the microEDGE to your order. Matt said unfortunately we cannot, its online only and the sale is over for that item. You then said CANCEL MY ORDER! Matt agreed and in a state of shock he thought it would be best to CALL YOU AGAIN AND CONFIRM. You said YES CANCEL MY ORDER and that you can't believe we would call you again to re-confirm it. You sir had 2 opportunities to keep the order and you chose not to. At this point in time, I will not honor any sale to you even at regular price. I'm sick and tired of people trying to bully sponsors into trying to sell them something when they flat out know they don't deserve it. And it makes me so sick to my stomach, when I try so hard to try and save people money during the holidays only to see threads like yours. Unbelievable...

Nick

B

Bucstang

I apoligize for this. You are right, I am not. Agree to disagree, fair enough?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I apoligize for this. You are right, I am not. Agree to disagree, fair enough?

Your original bitch post seems to be missing, or isnt in this thread but from what it looks like, he doesn't give a shit if you apologize.... lol

And from what he posted, he is correct in not giving a shit

B

Bucstang

I think this was all a big misunderstanding. I am the one who deleted my posts because I felt I had posted them in anger and not due to a legitimate "bad seller". That is the reason for my apology. If in the future HSW decides to change their minds towards doing business with me, I would feel privileged. If HSW doesn't want to do business ever again, I don't blame them.

Stolen 98

forum member
Reaction score
Poor Customer Service!!!!! MASSIVE SPEED IL

Why is it companies can't do what they say their going to do??

I called in to Massive Speed bright and early on Monday morning(9am central) to order my JBA catback(TBSS)..Waited on hold for 3mins while the guy ran to the back to confirm he had units in stock..he returned to the phone and told me they had several of them waiting to go out. He told me it would be shipped that day and I would have it Wednesday(today). He also took my Email address and told me he'd shoot me a tracking number via email.

Well I never received a confirmation email...No biggie I figured he transposed a number or letter in my email address.

Come home today and no package...So I call them to ask where my unit is and to point out I never received said email. The lady immediately answers, "No your exhaust was drop shipped from CA there's no way we would have told you 3days" I then proceed to tell her how it was confirmed to me by the first guy they had them in stock... So she puts me on hold...comes back 3minutes later to tell me "Sorry" we made a mistake and yes they have them in stock but for some reason it was overlooked and mine was drop shipped.

I asked when I'd receive it and she said she'd have to check and call me back. So she calls me back and says Monday. I then ask what Massive Speed intends to do for me for the inconvenience? Her response..."I told you I was sorry" So I told her I was very irritated and planed to leave feedback on ebay accordingly.

Reason I chose to do business with Massive Speed in the first place was because they advertised on ebay that units were in stock ready to ship. Jegs(down the street) had to drop ship and claimed it would take 6days. I needed the replacement exhaust as I had someone from out of town planning to drive in this weekend to buy my used Magnaflow and he could only make it in this weekend.

I'm so pissed! So I'm posting this experience up on all the boards I frequent and plan to leave feedback accordingly on ebay...I'm a dick like that and expect good customer service.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks dude, I ve gotten Parts from Massive Speed before and their customer service was excellent. you need to to talk to Karl hes a really good guy he took care of me when i had a mishap.

I got my LCAs from them and somehow the sleeves for the bolts were the wrong size, called Karl and i had new sleeves the next day.

Badrobot

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah they usually are real good to deal with i have never had problem with them but i only live 10min away

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Interesting, and I am sure you posted this on many websites too. The problem is that while I am sure your very angry over this and it seems like you were wronged, your poor wording and use of language makes it hard to read and understand. If you were as emotional in court as you seem to have been when you typed that ripoff report I fear you did not represent yourself very well in court. Sorry about your problems with your car, I do feel for you, my 65 fastback has been in a shop for about 4 years now. Lucky for me, the guy working on it is very honest.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I order some turn signal lights (Stealth type) and waited for the item to ship. Where it shows I paid it has a spot for a tracking number, so I waited two days and nothing. I send then an email, and no reply. I put in a dispute with Paypal then. I called the people selling the lights and get a message "You have reached "Wolfgang" and to leave a message". Screw that, so I send off another email letting the jerks know I put in a dispute and I then get a reply saying it shipped. Still no tracking number and the phone number I called is in L.A., I'm in San Diego and if they shipped I should have had them by now. Here it is the 20th now and still no bulbs.
I need to get with Paypal again.
Stay the fuck away from these jerks.

http://www.visionbulbs.com/index.php

Hello Ed,

There was a slight delay, but it is in the mail first thing this morning.

Thank you again,

Vision Bulbs - Sales Services
www.visionbulbs.com
[email protected]

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 5:34 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Order Number 922537161

7 May 2010

Your web site isn't updating the tracking number, so I don know if it shipped or if it's on back order. Pease give me some kind status on the item I bought. if the item is on back order cancel the order, I don't have time to wait.

Thanks

Ed

On Paypal receipt
Merchant
Vision Bulbs
[email protected]
323-319-6664

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ed, exactly how long has it been since the order was placed? Not making excuses for them, but they are in China (in case you haven't figured that out yet). Not exactly sure how your turn signal bulbs became so urgent. But if you didn't have time to wait, probably should have just picked up a bulb locally to get you by until you got your web purchase.... just saying.

I have purchased a couple of hundred dollars worth of product from them (hi/low bi-xenon kit, a single phase xenon kit, a single bulb motorcycle xenon kit), I know several people (some on this board) that have purchased a hundred dollars or more worth of product from them, and not one has had a single problem.

BTW, if you were going to order you should have searched. There are several posts that I have made in the last couple of years with a discount coupon code for them.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Ed, exactly how long has it been since the order was placed? Not making excuses for them, but they are in China (in case you haven't figured that out yet). Not exactly sure how your turn signal bulbs became so urgent. But if you didn't have time to wait, probably should have just picked up a bulb locally to get you by until you got your web purchase.... just saying.

I have purchased a couple of hundred dollars worth of product from them (hi/low bi-xenon kit, a single phase xenon kit, a single bulb motorcycle xenon kit), I know several people (some on this board) that have purchased a hundred dollars or more worth of product from them, and not one has had a single problem.

BTW, if you were going to order you should have searched. There are several posts that I have made in the last couple of years with a discount coupon code for them.

Fuck, I didn't know they were in China. If I knew that I would have never ordered from them. Besides I don't see anything on their web site saying their in China http://www.visionbulbs.com/index.php. The phone number 323-319-6664 was the only number I had and the 323 area code is in L.A. so I thought they were in L.A., so I was expecting the bulbs real quick.

I already bought the bulbs from a local shop.

I did do a search and found this one http://www.autolumination.com/.

I place the order on 6 May 2010.

I also just looked at my paypal account and they responded to paypal with the tracking number. Why couldn't they just send a tracking number to my email address, which they have.

I'll never place another with them any ways. Poor communication, web site doesn't show their location, no tracking number sent by email, the shipping was delayed for what ever reason.

They can :kma:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back