Bad sunday night, got car back from shop got on it and caused some damage to rear end

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
i took the car out for a strole and got kinda antsy so i drop it down to first at about 15mph and stomp on it, next thing i hear is a huge clunk, and than the car is no longer moving engine is on, but cant get it into gear, so had to tow car home, got underneath car and looks like where the drive shaft meets the rear diff, well the front seal on the rear diff broke and the drive shaft dont spin in any gear, so i think i destroyed my rear end and possibly the tranny, cause engine still runs, and i have a tr3650 for a tranny,

my build consist of a brand new saleen 5.0 stroker, with an 8 bolt main fly wheel and exedy mach 600 clutch, some head porting, tss oil pump gears, whipple with gt 500 duel fuel pumps 47lb injectors and running at 10lbs of boost, pypes long tube headers, pypes x-pipe with bassani axle back, the whipple has a whipple throttle body, and the tune is done by JDM

i will post pics later of the rear end damage i see, as this happened at like 11 pm last night,

and now i cant sleep thinking about what is it that happened today was my first day back with the car after getting the motor built and new tune, and it goes right back to the shop

my mechanic calls the car EL Diablo as its nothing but evil and keeps breaking it seems like this car jst dont want to cut me a break

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Stock 10 spline input shaft?
Sounds like you snapped it, those 10 splines don't hold as much as you're probably making.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back