Bama Performance sets record for WORLDS FASTEST NA 2015 Mustang GT!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
6/5/2013....

How many people having been launching their stick axle for years without issues? I say meh sir, mehhhh.

Nothing is impossible never said they don't break.
But for the most part no issues with launching hard on a stock 8.8 and bolt on power levels.

I've seen a number of 2010-2014's with the rear tubes spinning in the housing. Even the live axle isn't completely bulletproof.

With upgraded halfshafts and bushings the Ford Racing guys were coming out of the hole hard with 600hp out of their blown S550 and no problems at all. Pretty standard fare for anyone running a car with IRS.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I've seen a number of 2010-2014's with the rear tubes spinning in the housing. Even the live axle isn't completely bulletproof.

With upgraded halfshafts and bushings the Ford Racing guys were coming out of the hole hard with 600hp out of their blown S550 and no problems at all. Pretty standard fare for anyone running a car with IRS.
I thought we were talking axles here? (half shafts in IRS)
Have you heard of many 31 spline stock axles breaking in the 8.8?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I just want to put the IRS in my car. I don't track mine, but just like to go fast when I want and be comfortable at the same time.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought we were talking axles here? (half shafts in IRS)
Have you heard of many 31 spline stock axles breaking in the 8.8?

2 thats all I recall

REDS197

Reaction score
Ford racing Half shafts have been tested in a low 9 to mid 8 car with 200+ launches. I am just going to put them in and forget it.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
But cars can't run on bama tunes!!!!

The new Bama is completely different than the old Bama you know. They've hired new people and are have completely changed their tune quality. If you're interested in testing it out, shoot me a PM and I'll get you squared away to test one. Check out their new website http://www.BamaPerformance.com and give them a shot. They started with a completely clean slate and they've been killing the 5.0L market now and they're really serious about the quality of their work.

This 2015 GT has been running a Bama Performance 93 track tune exclusively from the moment it landed at AM and in every track pass or dyno pull we've made. We did also run a Bama E85 Track tune on it, but it's been running the same tune a 2015 Mustang owner would receive if they ordered from our site.

This a manual car I guess? Congrats, that's pretty amazing. Now I want one. Damnit.

Manual car. Thanks again! We're excited to see whether we can crack into the 9's!

I bet that's not the mail-order tune. LOL

This 93 Bama Track tune is exactly what you'd get if you listed the same mods and ordered off of our website. You'd get the same 93 Bama track tune we've run in this car exclusively from the moment we took delivery.

Where did the tail pipes go? Is that part of "mild weight reduction" lol

We are running mufflers and dumps. The goal here was to go as fast as possible, break things, test the limits so our customers don't have to and set records. We're going to build a ton of different 2015 Mustangs, as we own quite a few. We will build them with stock interiors, superchargers, full exhaust, etc. We're not just here to build a full race car and disappear. We'll build a bunch of different purpose-built 2015's!

To me...
I like to see these guys beat the snot out of their car so WE know what we can do to ours. Wouldnt you rather "they" find the limits of the car rather than you finding the limits on yours"

I'm glad they have the balls to post the entire video and not delete the car breaking.

Good job Paul.

Thanks! That's exactly what we're trying to do. We found the limitations of the stock IRS and once we're done this build we'll give everyone the full details. For example, we tested the Boss intake manifold on this car (which you can see in the video above behind Justin and Paul) and actually lost MPH and power. The 2015 stock manifold actually performed better (11.2) and we immediately swapped it out for stock right there at the track and backed up the 11.2 pass again.

Those are the types of details we'll release soon!

Ran a 10.4 with a 150 shot. Not bad

We went 11.2 NA, 10.4 with Nitrous. Yesterday we went back to the track with more weight reduction and about 20HP more and were able to run 10.6 naturally aspirated and 10.2 with nitrous. We're having some bottle pressure issues, but we think we'll be in the 9's really soon!

For the record, we did swap the brakes on this car back to 11-14 GT stock brakes since we needed to be able to clear Welds. There wasn't really a weight savings or anything and was really just to give us caliper clearance.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Bama screwed my tune up three tunes in a row. Each time I needed a tune revision, they messed up what mods I had. That's why I left. I hope you got it fixed, but I personally won't be back.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Email tunes are what they are. Especially if no data logging and revisions happen you can only be so upset with what you got from them. I wasn't happy with mine either, mainly the drivability is where I was most unhappy and the engine didn't seem to run consistent. ( this was pre Bama makeover ) once I added my long tubes and ORX I knew the best thing for my engine would be a live dyno tune. I went with Mike Rousch and won't look back. I'm sure Bama is doing much better now and I'm glad they recognized changes needed to be made and made them. They just unfortunately have an uphill battle to try and regain the tuning marketshare they lost. A lot of people left and are happy with who they have now. Finding a tuner for your car is like finding a pediatrician for your kid. Once you find one you love you stick with them. Any parents out there know exactly what I am talking about.

Last edited:

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Once the new wave of 15 buyers step in I think they'll do just fine. The average buyer doesn't use forums. And get feedback like we all do. American muscle is a big company and even with shit tunes as long as its faster to the average mustang buyer they won't be as picky as most people here. Every time I sell a part through cl or pick one up. I always ask who tunes their stuff and its at least 9/10 times bama. I'll mention Lund and mike from my own experience. But they seem perfectly content with bama.

This is what I've noticed personally

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Bama screwed my tune up three tunes in a row. Each time I needed a tune revision, they messed up what mods I had. That's why I left. I hope you got it fixed, but I personally won't be back.

I'm really sorry to hear about that. If you want, we're happy to fix it for free. Give us a chance to shoot you over a tune for your latest mods and we'll see if you love the new Bama! Just shoot me an email with your full list of mods and what your last Bama order # was and I'll get it taken care of. alex[dot]lazarus[at]americanmuscle[dot]com!

Email tunes are what they are. Especially if no data logging and revisions happen you can only be so upset with what you got from them. I wasn't happy with mine either, mainly the drivability is where I was most unhappy and the engine didn't seem to run consistent. ( this was pre Bama makeover ) once I added my long tubes and ORX I knew the best thing for my engine would be a live dyno tune. I went with Mike Rousch and won't look back. I'm sure Bama is doing much better now and I'm glad they recognized changes needed to be made and made them. They just unfortunately have an uphill battle to try and regain the tuning marketshare they lost. A lot of people left and are happy with who they have now. Finding a tuner for your car is like finding a pediatrician for your kid. Once you find one you love you stick with them. Any parents out there know exactly what I am talking about.

Feel free to shoot me a message too and we'll gladly send you out a tune to try out! It's a night/day difference. We also encourage our customers to datalog and we'll work with them to make any necessary tweaks. The nice thing about the 11+ market is that we have wideband data and can dial in exact as any dyno tune, if not better, because of real-world conditions. Mike Rousch knows his stuff and I'm sure you're happy. However, if you want to just see what we've got to offer and you're curious - hit me up!

Once the new wave of 15 buyers step in I think they'll do just fine. The average buyer doesn't use forums. And get feedback like we all do. American muscle is a big company and even with shit tunes as long as its faster to the average mustang buyer they won't be as picky as most people here. Every time I sell a part through cl or pick one up. I always ask who tunes their stuff and its at least 9/10 times bama. I'll mention Lund and mike from my own experience. But they seem perfectly content with bama.

This is what I've noticed personally

Bama is doing better than ever and I think their quality overhaul is going to go a long way. The complaints have quieted down, they're on the grind constantly with new vehicles and mods on the dyno, at the track and on the street. They're paving the way with the 2015 and doing everything the right way. I would put Bama tunes up against any competing tune now. In the past they've been great, but needed an overhaul when the lead calibrator left a little over a year ago. They've definitely done that much-needed overhaul!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
FYI my "but cars can't run on bama tunes!!" was sarcastic.
I've had nothing but good luck with my tunes and my car has been running hard on the race tune forever, dyno#'s and slips to back it up too :clap:

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear about that. If you want, we're happy to fix it for free. Give us a chance to shoot you over a tune for your latest mods and we'll see if you love the new Bama! Just shoot me an email with your full list of mods and what your last Bama order # was and I'll get it taken care of. alex[dot]lazarus[at]americanmuscle[dot]com!

No offense but y'all always had my mod list wrong. Three times in a row. I'm glad y'all got your shit together. I've got a local shop doing my tuning now and I'm happy. I'm not in the least bit interested in a new Bama tune.

I didn't mean to turn this into a bash Bama thread.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Feel free to shoot me a message too and we'll gladly send you out a tune to try out! It's a night/day difference. We also encourage our customers to datalog and we'll work with them to make any necessary tweaks. The nice thing about the 11+ market is that we have wideband data and can dial in exact as any dyno tune, if not better, because of real-world conditions. Mike Rousch knows his stuff and I'm sure you're happy. However, if you want to just see what we've got to offer and you're curious - hit me up!

Thank you for the offer. But "if it ain't broke don't fix it" right? Lol. I got my iTSX from you guys so I have free tunes for life anyway if I ever wanted to try it out again. But I'm glad you guys are doing better and I'm in for more 2015 progress! I'm enjoying seeing it pushed to the limits. It will certainly help me decide if I want one next year or not. :p

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
FYI my "but cars can't run on bama tunes!!" was sarcastic.
I've had nothing but good luck with my tunes and my car has been running hard on the race tune forever, dyno#'s and slips to back it up too :clap:

Hahaha, well I'm glad to hear you're happy. Chris (Rose) here speaks highly of you, so I'm glad the Bama team has you running right!

No offense but y'all always had my mod list wrong. Three times in a row. I'm glad y'all got your shit together. I've got a local shop doing my tuning now and I'm happy. I'm not in the least bit interested in a new Bama tune.

I didn't mean to turn this into a bash Bama thread.

No worries at all! If you ever change your mind, let me know. Or if you're ever in the Philly area and want a free dyno tune, you know where to find us!

Thank you for the offer. But "if it ain't broke don't fix it" right? Lol. I got my iTSX from you guys so I have free tunes for life anyway if I ever wanted to try it out again. But I'm glad you guys are doing better and I'm in for more 2015 progress! I'm enjoying seeing it pushed to the limits. It will certainly help me decide if I want one next year or not. :p

Now worries at all! Thanks for watching and following along. Hit me up if there's ever anything we can do!

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I am running a bama tune and its been pretty good so far, I was having some driveability issues I emailed, we tried new tunes again it was worse. I ended up calling and requesting the first tunes to re-download. When I enquired about data logging the gentleman seemed reserved. I did get the email with the instructions for doing so and will be doing it in the spring when the car is out.

The one question I do have for you is I am reading JPC built the car, can you settle all the rumours

Lastly, in the vid you had single piston front brakes, how was this done?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back