Bama Performance sets record for WORLDS FASTEST NA 2015 Mustang GT!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
They posted on the other forum about that JPC thing I'll look for it later but JPC didn't tune the car.

ethic1

forum member
Reaction score
JPC did everything except mount the go-pros..... Did you miss where Ken called them out? And that is from someone not involved.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
They say otherwise..

This is absolutely not true at all. That car is 100% Bama tuned and has been from the day they took delivery. Rumors fly around fast. Bama does work with JPC as a partner, but this car was, is and will always be 100% Bama tuned. They did alot more than shoot video. That rumor was started by someone that has no idea. Every track run, every dyno run and every tune that has ever been flashed into that car other than the stock calibration from Ford has been and will continue to be a Bama tune.

Bama does partner with JPC for other aspects of the build, but I want to make it clear that the car is 100% Bama tuned, period. Any and all of the tunes that have run on the dyno, at the track and on the street including all of the videos and records we've posted have been done by the Bama team. This has been, is and will always be the case. Bama has everything they need to tune from a basic bolt-on car to the highest horsepower builds around.

In terms of software, we have been running a Bama Track Tune and have used various software to do that including SCT, HP and others in order to be able to get the best results. Any of our customers who purchase a tuner (no matter what brands we end up selling) will get the same Bama tune, period - regardless of device.

Chris deleted his comments in order not to feed the troll. There's nothing to hide here and people who keep watching and just stay tuned will know that Bama has been working hard on the 2015 platform for months.

ethic1

forum member
Reaction score
Aint what their rep said on FB. He has since deleted it all but he basically said that JPC assisted with the tune and built the car...IDC either way just an FYI

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
this is exactly why I asked Alex directly, so many rumours, lets hear it direct from the source of who did what.

More important then all that to me though is, can I put S550 brakes on my S197?

ethic1

forum member
Reaction score
It is not a rumor if you were actively watching them on FB. Their Rep was on their saying it from his own mouth.... To each their own I guess, just putting out what I seen with my own two eyes.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
It is not a rumor if you were actively watching them on FB. Their Rep was on their saying it from his own mouth.... To each their own I guess, just putting out what I seen with my own two eyes.

I saw that too.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Chris Rose said JPC built and tuned the car, then he deleted his comments. SMH.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
So does that mean the 2015 intake manifold flows better than the stock 2011-2014 manifold?
I'm guessing it is the charge motion control valves doing the majority of the work to get it to flow better. Who knows what else we would need to swap manifolds on a 11-14 to get them to function properly?

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it is the charge motion control valves doing the majority of the work to get it to flow better. Who knows what else we would need to swap manifolds on a 11-14 to get them to function properly?

Someone might try it.

Hell, I might if I can get my hands on the parts.

:EDIT: Actually, upon further reading, it appears the charge motion plates in the 2015 GT are there more for low rpm fuel economy and around town emissions.

Last edited:

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Someone might try it.

Hell, I might if I can get my hands on the parts.

:EDIT: Actually, upon further reading, it appears the charge motion plates in the 2015 GT are there more for low rpm fuel economy and around town emissions.
Hmm, they never said if they recalibrated after putting the Boss IM on when they tested it at the track. If they didn't that could probably be why they didn't see any gain at that track over the stock manifold if that's what it was calibrated for. I know I wouldn't just throw a Boss IM on my car and expect it to be faster with out retuning for it. Maybe Alex can give the details on that?

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
So they just went 9.91 on a 150 shot.

Last edited:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
So they just went 9.91 on a 150 shot.

9.91@ 135.41 with a 150 shot is pretty impressive. They re-installed the Boss manifold to solve the nitrous distribution issues.

Horsepower calculator says 3400lbs at 9.91 equals approximately 690hp. AM didn't say what it actually made on the dyno.

10.6 with no nitrous, NA, is impressive too.

Interesting is the weight. After some weight redux... it was 3450 lbs... WITH the driver...and 1/4 tank of fuel. Looks like they gutted the rear seats, and trunk. They have dispelled any myths about IRS + drag racing.

Last edited:

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, crazy, can't believe the time they pulled off N/A. I would just never be able to gut a brand new vehicle like that...

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Wow, crazy, can't believe the time they pulled off N/A. I would just never be able to gut a brand new vehicle like that...

4 bolts for the front seat 3 for the rear.
It's not a major thing, 10 min job.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So does that mean the 2015 intake manifold flows better than the stock 2011-2014 manifold?

It is a revised intake manifold and they did add charge motion valves to it. Which leads me to believe it flows so well up top that lowend was suffering so they added the valves.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back