battery??

silverstangz

forum member
Reaction score
So every so often when I start the car , all my radio settings ( treble,bass, clock, are like I've replaced the battery????{ have to reset them all} anyone have this happen , and whats the deal?? then today it happened and "low battery" came across the radio screen !! but.... I put a new battery in the car last year !! whats up???

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
My car eats batteries every year and a half. But I by Autozone batteries so I just warranty them out.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For starters you can check the battery should read at least 12 volts with the car off. ALso clean the terminals and retighten everything good.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I keep a trickle charger on if I think it might be a week till I start it again and I use Sears gold and haven't had a problem since.

MesaRec

Reaction score
Turn the factory radio off before you shut off the car, and that should fix the issue. I've had the same problem, and I haven't had an issue since making a habit out of turning off the radio. The problem is that the factory amps don't shut off after the car is off if the radio was on, and that will drain your battery in a matter of days.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back