Crank, No start. Anti theft system light is flashing.

s197Kevo

Reaction score
hello guys. i have a 2006 Mustang Gt and yesterday i went out to start my car after letting it sit sometime, i had left the hood popped but latched and when i went out to start it yesterday morning i would get a crank but no start. fuel pump seem to stutter & i hear the ignition clicking. i tried unhooking the battery and letting it reset itself but that didnt work. got up this morning and went out with a multimeter and tried testing the voltage from the battery and it was all good. same to both connection points on the starter. just posting to see what you guys think or if you guys have had these problems.

lwarrior1016

Reaction score
Doesn't the PATS system disable the starter??? I thought he said the motor cranks.
That’s possible, I’m not entirely sure on that. I built an 05 once and the pats failed, the starter turned but it wouldn’t fire the injectors. Same thing happened on my coyote swap, but the starter isn’t wired like stock.

So, I suppose I don’t really know. That was the first thing that came to mind.

s197Kevo

Reaction score
That’s possible, I’m not entirely sure on that. I built an 05 once and the pats failed, the starter turned but it wouldn’t fire the injectors. Same thing happened on my coyote swap, but the starter isn’t wired like stock.

So, I suppose I don’t really know. That was the first thing that came to mind.
my starter spins, but it the injectors arent firing. so it dry spins the motor. whats the best route of getting the pats disabled ?

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm not real smart as far as the PATS but I don't ever remember it cutting fuel, just the starter but I could be completely wrong.

So we have fuel pressure but no injectors firing. I would check the grounds for the injectors, I believe there is a common ground for each side. No codes? I would think something along the lines of crank sensor or something like that if just the injectors aren't firing.

Could just be the pats system to but maybe someone who is more versed in it will chime in. As far as turning it off I'm not sure you can do it without the help of Ford but again I could be completely wrong. I don't know if you can just turn it off unless you have the right software like HP or the sct pro racer software.

lwarrior1016

Reaction score
Hp tuners won’t disable pats on those. You’ll have to send the computer to someone that can disable it.

Injectors not firing could very well be a bad computer. I’ve seen a handful of them fail. Typically early builds like 05-06.

tomwas

Reaction score
Had similar problem with my 09 v6... Turned out was using a key I had cut but found out it wasn't chipped.. Cranked with security flashing but no start. Used my correct chipped key and started right up... Just my experience a similar situation

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back