BBR TUNE

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will just say FUCK BBR, they still suck.

Brenspeed can tune 3V's but have a bad rep for Coyotes. There are not many fans out there.

JimC

Reaction score
I miss my original motor. Thanks BBR, I didn't need it or the huge pile of cash needed to replace it. Dat detonation doe. #probbr #whatknock?
I agree, 7 data logs is all it took for them to blow it up

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
No experience with BBR- Brenspeed could not tune a coyote to save it's life- horrible- Their install quality is very good- customer service varies from day to day. Would I ever have them do anything else for Me again- NOPE. Still trying to get the 8k bad experience taste to go away. Would possible order parts from there IF IT WAS A SMOKING DEAL. They present and market well and make under educated coyote owners feel warm and fuzzy, but just don't delivery in my opinion- And I was once a under educated coyote owner but have since graduated up a few ranks with more true knowledge of the platform and experience with modifying it.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
So just how are Brenspeed tunes such a joke in your opinion ? I don't ever recall anyone complaining about the quality of their tunes.. As Brent and his staff have been in the Mustang tuning industry for well over 10 years and were also an authorized Saleen service center until the lawsuit battle between Revstone and Steve Saleen took place which ended up taking such a financial toll that it resulted in Saleen having to file for bankruptcy protection..

Personally speaking, I've been running my Brenspeed FI tune for nearly 2 years and never ran into any issues whatsoever.. I've also had the Brenspeed tune checked on the dyno by one of my local tuners and every parameter was spot on including the air/fuel ratio.. Afterwards I was told that if I were to have my car custom tuned on the dyno, the best I could possibly expect to get, is perhaps an additional 10 more HP, if even that..

When I asked for his recommendation, his exactly words were this.. Don't even bother wasting your money.. That's how impressed the shop was with the Brenspeed tune.. Prior to my Brenspeed tunes, my previous tunes were from Doug Studdard, founder of Bamachips.. However once I upgraded to FI, I could no longer run Doug's tunes, so I ended up going with Brenspeed and haven't had any regrets ever since..

I also know from personal experience, that Brent and his staff value each and every one of their customers by resolving any issues you may with your tunes and will re-write you a revised file to upload into your programmer via e-mail if necessary at no additional cost..

It really depends on the mods on your car. Brenspeed will only tune for certain things. A tuner will tune for your setup.

It makes sense on the part of Brenspeed. Keep it simple, stick to what you know and have satisfied customers.

It can get pretty tricky tuning for some combos and that's where a good tuner shines. Tuning a car for driveability can get very frustrating when radical cams and a custom throttle body are part of the equation. Add in injectors that don't have a "value file" and you will find very few who will even take it on.

At any rate it's great that you are happy with your tuner. To me it shows that sticking to what you know and keeping the options limited is a good business practice for a large shop like Brenspeed. They have enough customers and their offerings probably cover 80% of what the average Mustang owner will be looking for.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score

Brenspeed can tune 3V's but have a bad rep for Coyotes. There are not many fans out there.

No experience with BBR- Brenspeed could not tune a coyote to save it's life- horrible- Their install quality is very good- customer service varies from day to day. Would I ever have them do anything else for Me again- NOPE. Still trying to get the 8k bad experience taste to go away. Would possible order parts from there IF IT WAS A SMOKING DEAL. They present and market well and make under educated coyote owners feel warm and fuzzy, but just don't delivery in my opinion- And I was once a under educated coyote owner but have since graduated up a few ranks with more true knowledge of the platform and experience with modifying it.

this is quite unsettling to hear seeing as my new car is tuned by brenspeed. i had planned on getting with lito for a proper tune anyway.

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I agree, 7 data logs is all it took for them to blow it up

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Logged mine numerous times and even had it on a dyno where even the operator could determine the detonation.

Nothing like pitted and cracked Pistons though to make it official.

Though I should have paused at: "blow by racing". They certainly deliver on the name.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

After reading your post, I was very disappointed to find out that Brenspeed's Coyote tunes are so horrible.. You would think that after the Coyote has been in existence for the past 5+ years the quality of their Coyote tunes would be just as good as their 3v tunes..

At any rate, I stand corrected, as I honestly wasn't aware until after I read your post..

In the meantime, if in the event I decide to sell my current 3v for the S550 Coyote, I'll make the switch over to Lito or whoever else provides good quality tunes for the 4v Coyote..

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
this is quite unsettling to hear seeing as my new car is tuned by brenspeed. i had planned on getting with lito for a proper tune anyway.

I also found it very unsettling to hear as well.. I know that before Brenspeed became such a household name that Brenspeed was still pretty much just a one man operation ran by just Brent in which both his tunes and customer support were second only to Doug, original founder of Bamachips..

Perhaps Brenspeed just became too large for it's own good since they've evolved into a corporation :shrug:

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
I was just wandering if any one used them now. Are they better now than before cause like I said my tune is fine and no problem

The only people I talk with is Liz and chris

Liz and chris are the only employees, all others have been fired and or moved out of florida .

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Logged mine numerous times and even had it on a dyno where even the operator could determine the detonation.

Nothing like pitted and cracked Pistons though to make it official.

Though I should have paused at: "blow by racing". They certainly deliver on the name.

I was very disappointed to find out that you had to go through what you did with BBR.. Like I said, I was not familiar with their tunes and now I'm glad that I never bothered to find out.. As I'm actually surprised that there still in business after reading the posts in just this thread alone :shrug:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I also found it very unsettling to hear as well.. I know that before Brenspeed became such a household name that Brenspeed was still pretty much just a one man operation ran by just Brent in which both his tunes and customer support were second only to Doug, original founder of Bamachips..

Perhaps Brenspeed just became too large for it's own good since they've

evolved into a corporation :shrug:

tiger talked them up too much and now they cant keep up with the demand

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

I'm very disappointed to find this out, as I was totally unaware that Brenspeed has such a bad rep for tuning Coyotes..

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
It really depends on the mods on your car. Brenspeed will only tune for certain things. A tuner will tune for your setup.

It makes sense on the part of Brenspeed. Keep it simple, stick to what you know and have satisfied customers.

It can get pretty tricky tuning for some combos and that's where a good tuner shines. Tuning a car for driveability can get very frustrating when radical cams and a custom throttle body are part of the equation. Add in injectors that don't have a "value file" and you will find very few who will even take it on.

At any rate it's great that you are happy with your tuner. To me it shows that sticking to what you know and keeping the options limited is a good business practice for a large shop like Brenspeed. They have enough customers and their offerings probably cover 80% of what the average Mustang owner will be looking for.

Bruce, I believe your fully aware of what my mods are by now, or at least I would sure hope so lol.

At any rate, I know your also fully aware that when it comes to FI applications, that tuning for them isn't quite that simple as tuning for just a cold air intake and a few bolt ons.. Like I mentioned earlier, I trusted Brenspeed because of their reputation as a custom tuner and also as an authorized Saleen service center who specialized in tuning Saleen blowers along with custom tuning for cams, custom throttle bodies, fuel injectors and so on..

Also no offense, but if I had intended on settling for just an average, simple tune, I would've stuck it out with AM and remained NA..

Anyhow I was very disappointed to say the very least when I found out about the poor quality of Brenspeed's tunes for the 4v Coyote and no matter how good their 3v tunes are.. IMHO this is no excuse for providing any of their customers with such poor quality tunes whatsoever..

With that being said ! Perhaps the folks over at Brenspeed have forgotten where they came from when they first started out as just a one man operation and if it weren't for their customers, they sure wouldn't be where they are today..

I sure wish that Doug who was the original founder of Bamachips were still around today, as he was definitely one of the best 3v tuners in the industry IMO..

-Rocky

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
tiger talked them up too much and now they cant keep up with the demand

Perhaps they've forgotten where they came from when Brent first started out running Brenspeed as just a one man operation, and if it weren't for his customers they wouldn't be in existence today, let alone be on the map at all..

For example, look at what happened to Doug who was the founder of Bamachips, he couldn't keep up with demand and in the end, had to end up selling his tuning business over to AM.. And I know from personal experience as a former customer, that ever since AM took control of Bama the tune quality just hasn't been the same at all, as Bama is nothing more than just a large corporation concerned with turning a profit, rather than being concerned for providing the best customer support for their customers for which they rightfully deserve..

Last edited:

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
If I was either of these tuning companies, I'd hire Lito and move his family to the states with the stipulation that he tunes coyotes as well as 3v's lol.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I remember asking BBR about writing a bracket tune for my car. He posted up the lamest excuse ever that I would be disqualified if I ran a detuned tune in my car! WTF!!!! I asked Brent at Brenspeed and he not only wrote one, he was willing to revise it several times over the years at no charge. Brenspeed was awesome to me. I then tried Lito and the same deal but better.....datalogging...and he is still revising the tune, dialing it in even better to this day. Now this is service. Having your logs read is about as good as it gets!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back