Beefcake vs BBR

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
OK....must be the same car at 3:48 here:

I wouldn't call that bad ass or impressive.

Nope...actually exactly what most of us would expect. I personally like from 4:15 on...I would hope they could figure it out in ~2 years.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Not defending anyone here, but thats from 2011..

Scroll up. Nitrostang Racing mentioned how impressive BBR's street driven Coyote was. The link posted was referring to said car.

Just a reminder that dyno numbers and cruising down the street aren't what makes a car impressive.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Because no matter who it is like them or not, close to 1000 HP street car is impressive.

Not if it can't actually run when needed. At the track or when another car pulls up next to him. Seems all they do is post dyno numbers and never have anything to back it up. Anyone with a dyno can make it read great numbers.

But hey I only make 700whp so who knows.

Just Another 700whp DD 5.0

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Not if it can't actually run when needed. At the track or when another car pulls up next to him. Seems all they do is post dyno numbers and never have anything to back it up. Anyone with a dyno can make it read great numbers.

But hey I only make 700whp so who knows.

Only 700?

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Because no matter who it is like them or not, close to 1000 HP street car is impressive.

No it isn't. A dyno number doesn't mean one damned thing, that goes for anyone, not just BBR. I outrun cars all the time that claim dyno numbers way higher than I could possibly put down. You have no idea how much they manipulated the dyno or not. Nor do I. However, their previous record speaks for itself. All hype, no substance.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score

A 1000hp rwd street only car is pointless, unless you are into roll racing, which is about the dumbest invention since the 1000hp street only car. Nothing impressive about a dyno queen except that it can make lots of noise while spinning the rollers to spit out a graph...woooo

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A 1000hp rwd street only car is pointless, unless you are into roll racing, which is about the dumbest invention since the 1000hp street only car. Nothing impressive about a dyno queen except that it can make lots of noise while spinning the rollers to spit out a graph...woooo

IDK about 1000 hp.... but 850 is a lot of fun on the street.... :boobies:

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score

IDK about 1000 hp.... but 850 is a lot of fun on the street.... :boobies:
It is definitely fun, but highly useless. I left my boost controller on the 21psi setting on the way home from the dyno, just to "see". I was in third gear, rolled in WOT, and blew the tires away.

800+ HP on the street is certainly "cool", but the ultimate proof is in what the car will do at a track, where you can actually use that power.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
800+ HP on the street is certainly "cool", but the ultimate proof is in what the car will do at a track, where you can actually use that power.
who says I don't use it on the street? Makes passing a breeze! :cheers:

sounds like you some better tires and some suspension work... :poke:

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score

You need a hug. Ive never owned a 1000whp car, but I plan to... And I bet it's gonna be fun. just sayin. LOL

And roll races are fun as hell! You should get out more. :roflmao:

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Only 700?

Yep on stock engine, stock headers, and thru an auto, that actually runs at the track. Hell I've went faster then BBR when I was 640whp.

But yes only 700..I want more.

Tires are key. Local Guy just built a 900whp GT500 turned down right now. Has it on stock rims with some cheap non DR street tires. I actually said he plans on losing a lot. Better get some tires under it.

Last edited:

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Oh yeah... passing people is a blast. The only issue is that sometimes the tires break loose and I start to fishtail (a little). I catch it quick and correct it, but if you're not paying attention....

I've got plenty of suspension work, but I could always use some advice. Here's my current setup:

- J&M/Hotpart UCA
- J&M/Hotpart LCAs
- CHE LCA relocation brackets (welded)
- CHE alum panhard bar
- Hellwig rear swaybar
- V6 front swaybar
- J&M camber plates
- GT500 front/rear springs/struts
- Nitto NT555s

And roll races are fun as hell! You should get out more. :roflmao:
I agree with duece... roll racing is pretty gay. Most of the time, it's rice rockets that want to do it, and I just let them go. You can never beat a ricer anyways. They'll always get on you on the ricer "flyby".

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back