Before and after FRPP Hot rod cams video

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Dude that is awesome. Did you install them yourself? Do they require any tuning adjustments after the initial installation? I am gonna install my LTs next weekend but after that that cams gotta be next. Yours sounds like a ten second race car......so cool!!

patrick

Streetcrayon

Rumpity-Rump
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I installed them about 10 feet from where the video was shot. Yes a tune will be necessary my friend.

Yeah I need some long tubes as well. Those are the stock mufflers and stock exhaust manifolds. I'm running an O/R BBK x-pipe in that vid. I think it will run hard with the long tubes and it will sound tougher.

Installing the cams were fun and if you read the instructions/writeups front to back and back to front you will fly through it. Some say that the tools aren't necessary............I used them. I also bought the correct torque wrench just for the install I quadruple checked all the bolts and made sure everything was in order before I buttoned it up.

Enjoy the install...........it really is fun!

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I installed them about 10 feet from where the video was shot. Yes a tune will be necessary my friend.

Yeah I need some long tubes as well. Those are the stock mufflers and stock exhaust manifolds. I'm running an O/R BBK x-pipe in that vid. I think it will run hard with the long tubes and it will sound tougher.

Installing the cams were fun and if you read the instructions/writeups front to back and back to front you will fly through it. Some say that the tools aren't necessary............I used them. I also bought the correct torque wrench just for the install I quadruple checked all the bolts and made sure everything was in order before I buttoned it up.

Enjoy the install...........it really is fun!

Did the torque curve change? In you opinion, does it drive the same or different when you get on it? And if so.... in what way?

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
I don't typically hear that much lope from the hot rod cams on any of the video's I find on youtube. Im guessing he just lowered the idle more than others?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't typically hear that much lope from the hot rod cams on any of the video's I find on youtube. Im guessing he just lowered the idle more than others?

I thought there were three different grinds. That would explain.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Yes a tune will be necessary my friend.
!

What I meant was "after" the intial install and tune is there any adjusting in the future? Does it hold the loopy sound or do you have to go in there and adjust it now and then? Thanks for the tip on the special torque wrench, I had read about it. I will make sure I have everything. I hate it when stupid shit delays ya.

Roj............sounds good dude.:thumb: This is defiantly my next mod. Guess I am gonna have to break down and finally buy DR's for the track. No way I am gonna hold much traction after LTs and a cam install.

patrick

Streetcrayon

Rumpity-Rump
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As far as the sound goes…the cams are solid pieces of metal. I'm not a engineer or a monster gearhead but that really can't change. The lope is always there. They sound like a spider snapping it's fingers sometimes…or it will settle into a buncha German soldiers goosestepping down your street. It's doesn't matter it's music to my ears.

Now I had 3.55s when I installed them. It took awhile before they would come on full song…more or less 3500. The 4.10s allow them to come into play alot sooner and stay there during a run through tha gears.

I know the HotRods get a bad rap for nothing but noise makers. I really can't buy into that. There are other cams out there that folks say run HotRods under the table.…I don't know they put a smile on my face and a pull in my gut…and I did the work myself so take it how ya want.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They sound like a spider snapping it's fingers sometimes

I have never heard that analogy before and am trying to understand it, LOL!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back