Bent UCA with 9" rear

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
haha.....give me a call next time and Ill see what I can do. Obviously I cant do it for free, but any little bit helps. haha

RedFury

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I received my Currie UCA and it looks really strong. I don't think this thing will ever break.

One thing I've been thinking - Mike, did you remove the bump stops from your axle? A lot of lowered buys have been cutting a little off the top, or removing them completely, so the frame does not bottom out on them. I shaved about an inch off mine when I put on the Pro-Kit springs. Now I'm wondering if it's best to keep them at stock height, and allow the car to bottom out on them instead of potentially having the UCA strike first.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In pic 3 me thinks that glove is flipping the finger ....:naughty: haha

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In pic 3 me thinks that glove is flipping the finger ....:naughty: haha

No that finger goes to a certain rear-end manufacturer with whom I am going to have yet more unpleasant words tomorrow... But that is another issue entirely...

RedFury said:
One thing I've been thinking - Mike, did you remove the bump stops from your axle?
The moser axle housing does not have bump stops... Though by eyeball I can tell you that the UCA hits well after the stock bump stops would hit. I took the springs out and ran it up until "something" hit. That something was the Currie's UCA on the body...

The frame rails still had about 1.5 (maybe a smidge more) to go before hitting the axle tubes... So, yet double check you have not created a problem if you cut them. The stock 8.8 has a pinion snubber in 05/06 - I understand some of the 07/08 may have removed them? You have some room to cut, but not too much...

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
When youre ready to do a Currie housing...let me know. :)

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When youre ready to do a Currie housing...let me know. :)
There is such a long and unpleasant story here I wouldn't know where to begin... That and looking back, I have been a dumbass niceguy for too long, I know better than that...

Short version - I was about to buy one of your rear-ends last summer when I blew up my built 8.8. Priced it out and made one more phone call to the makers of the parts I blew up and then - well just say I got an object lesson on how no offer is too good to refuse... Which I already knew from prior years, but....

I am beyond pissed right now about this, so I am trying to keep my cool...

I have to laugh when I add up the hours I have spent on this BS... If not, someone might get hurt...

My fault, I should have banged heads harder the first time, I was having terrible luck with everything last year, I figured it was me - well now I know otherwise...
!@#$ - sorry, this isn't the right place for this conversation...

Thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind - at this point nothing is off the table as far as I am concerned... Well except for me paying more money to fab the damn thing myself...

Last edited:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll be ordering the Currie UCA this week. Just for fun I took a photo of my CHE UCA mounted on the Currie rear end sitting in the garage. I suspect I would have the same interference issues if I used it instead of the Currie piece.
Is that a 1350 or 1330 yoke in that picture?

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
^depends on which one youre talking about. we have a few different 1350 yokes.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^depends on which one youre talking about. we have a few different 1350 yokes.
Have some pictures?

I have both a Currie and Moser center section both with 1350 yokes and the Currie is at least 1/2 inch shorter... Maybe I asked for the wrong one?

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Have some pictures?

I have both a Currie and Moser center section both with 1350 yokes and the Currie is at least 1/2 inch shorter... Maybe I asked for the wrong one?

Actually, it looks like I was mistaken. For some reason, I thought our billet yoke was a little longer, but when I took it out of the box to get some measurements, its actually about the same length.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back