Best CAI - Tune for 2014 GT

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
The oem airbox on the 11-14 cars flows 745 cfm with the oem paper filter......and 909 cfm with the K+N drop in, re-usable filter.

Where is your flow data coming from? I have seen independent dyno tests where the stock filter flowed just as good if not better than a K&N or AFE. The difference in flow that you mention just doesn't seem possible to me unless the stock one was dirty.

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
K&N dipped the OEM filter in 5 minute epoxy. Let it sit. Then ran the tests.

mattadams6552

forum member
Reaction score
I had a 2011 with 373's and got whipped more than once at the track by a guy with the exact same car except with 3.55s. I would stay with the 3.15s or 3.31s

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Where is your flow data coming from? I have seen independent dyno tests where the stock filter flowed just as good if not better than a K&N or AFE. The difference in flow that you mention just doesn't seem possible to me unless the stock one was dirty.

My first guess is that he got his info from a K&N advertisement or their website.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a 2011 with 373's and got whipped more than once at the track by a guy with the exact same car except with 3.55s. I would stay with the 3.15s or 3.31s

What tires did you have at the time. If street tires I would thing you were blowing the tires off. Which killed your 60'. I guess what everyone is missing is,
Going to get a tune and reevaluate. I'm not doing anything until after the tune! If car comes around to where I'm wanting or expect it tom then will modify exhaust. Has anyone ran on resonators and muffler delete, or removed resonators with other than stock axle backs

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I had Bassani AB without resonators on my old 2011 and it was pretty loud when you fired it up in the mornings but wasn't super loud driving.
My buddy Jay did muffler deletes on his 2014 with resonators and it wasn't loud at startup but when you got on it was pretty loud.
Now both of this were with cats.
I had Bassani AB with resonators on my 2014 but cat less x-pipe and Longtubes and it sounded like a effin nascar

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought some BBK varitunes and put man they drone so bad at 2k. So bad in fact that i am looking for something else. I had headers no cats and some muffles that were same design as magnaflow on my '06 and it sound perfect with no drone at all. The bbk's are chamber type so need to get away from that. The one good thing is I can use the inlet and tip from the bbk's and have the shop that put the mufflers on my old car do the same with my new car and not destroy the factory muffles that were taken off.

I am curious though about how the car will sound without the resonators and the bbk's, if that will help cancel some of the drone or make it worse. Decisions decisions.

mattadams6552

forum member
Reaction score
What tires did you have at the time. If street tires I would thing you were blowing the tires off. Which killed your 60'. I guess what everyone is missing is,
Going to get a tune and reevaluate. I'm not doing anything until after the tune! If car comes around to where I'm wanting or expect it tom then will modify exhaust. Has anyone ran on resonators and muffler delete, or removed resonators with other than stock axle backs

We were both on the factory 18" wheels and tires. My 60' was usually 2.0-2.1 . I know pretty crappy, but i was slipping the clutch trying my best not to spin.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well after almost a year I haven't done anything to the car except BBK Veritunes......which I hate. Had just about decided to get a 2015, but after putting pen to paper just not a wise financial move. So grabbing a tuner here in the next week or so. I still hate the drastic RPM drop from 1st to 2nd gear. That is the major turn off for me with this car. But, here we go with the mods anyway..... can't hurt :)

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not saying I put a tune in my car

But if I had I think I would find 1st gear useless in less on a prepped track. Forget the gear thought. I now can hypothetically speaking, what everyone is talking about. I f I were to do any more mods hypothetically l, I guess O/R X pipe? I understand factory exhaust manifolds flow pretty good, is that correct?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back