Best cams for 2011 gt supercharged car

jacoba2

Reaction score
I'm trying to see what cams will give me the best sound and best power and quality I have a 2012 ca/gt w kooks headers x pipe to magnaflow exhaust and a whipple supercharger on top. I want it to sound aggressive, so any help would be greatly appreciated .. Ready Go!!

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
If you're looking for sound just have your tuner do a ghost cam tune.

What part to buy is not tech BTW.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm trying to see what cams will give me the best sound and best power and quality I have a 2012 ca/gt w kooks headers x pipe to magnaflow exhaust and a whipple supercharger on top. I want it to sound aggressive, so any help would be greatly appreciated .. Ready Go!!

Haven't run any boost on my coyote yet, but from what I've seen most are just running stock cams as they are apparently enough to support most power goals.

If you're looking for sound just have your tuner do a ghost cam tune.

What part to buy is not tech BTW.

Agreed. This is not tech, and it looks like you haven't posted an introduction. Read the forum rules and try again.

I would advise against the "cam tune" as altering the VCT is not particulary good for the motor long term. Running boost just adds to the potential risk.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
I would advise against the "cam tune" as altering the VCT is not particulary good for the motor long term.

Why is that? The Ti-VCT is always moving depending on RPM and load. Why would it matter where the cams are set at idle? I mean its probably not great for your cats, but that's different.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The way the ti-vct is setup on the 5.0's they really won't "cam" like a 4.6/5.4/5.8 "cammed" will if that is what you are looking for.

Unless you get the fake cam tune.

travelers

Reaction score
Not a good idea with a blower. There is enough going on with the added fuel and pressure. I have the 2.3 whipple ARHs off road H with the GT500 mufflers and a Lund tune and it's loud enough and some awesome power.

2013sTang

forum member
Reaction score
I can let you know in about 2 weeks time how my setup works. Im installing a 2.9 whipple and I have stage 3 N/A cams currently. If you know what a cam sounds like and no what to listen for you can tell mine has them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back