Best method/product for windows

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I need some help with my windows. Interior windows, specifically the windshield and rear have this gross film on them. No matter what I use, I cannot seem to get them to remain clear.

Non smoker - no pot, no cigs
Most of the time the windows are down
Windows have no tint at all on them

I have tried Windex and newspaper. Invisible Glass and a microfiber towel. One of those spongy things that you don't use anything with. None of this really seems to work. When the glass is "clean", it is very streaky, especially the rear. I am sick of my windows being like this, so any help would be much appreciated.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Pics? You could always try a clay bar before using a window cleaner. I hate streaking so after using a waffle weave towel for the glass, I also wipe it down with the dry side and finish with a soft buffing towel.

28ONE

Reaction score

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
I use Griot's window cleaner and a waffle weave glass towel.
Spray, wipe, then flip the towel over or use a second towel to buff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
Are you cleaning in the sun? It will make the cleaner evaporate before you can completely wipe it off and leave streaks. Even if you're in the shade it can do this if the windows have been in the sun for while.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I get that film on mine too. I use a damp microfiber and wipe, then flip over to the dry side for the final wipe.

Is the sprayaway safe for tinted windows?

28ONE

Reaction score
I get that film on mine too. I use a damp microfiber and wipe, then flip over to the dry side for the final wipe.

Is the sprayaway safe for tinted windows?

I know it's ammonia free, I don't have tinted windows so I couldn't tell ya...

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Right on. I think ammonia is the only no-no for tint.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I've used Sprayway and the Mother's cleaner. spray on a MF and wipe down, then flip and wipe again with the dry side. It's that second pass most of us do that is the trick.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Will rubbing alcohol work on this? Car is currently parked in the shade and has been all day. I think I might give it a try with a mf towel and some Isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Tried the Isopropyl Alcohol in a spray bottle. Clean as a whistle as far as I can tell. Works extremely well with a mf towel. The test will be tomorrow when I take it to a small car show and park it in the sun.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got an 06 and I still get that film. If the plastics were outgassing wouldn't this have stopped by now?

Are you using any cleaning products on the interior? If left in the sun/heat, I find all that stuff evaporates and leaves nastiness on the glass. Even the reflective windshield sun shades do it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back