Best NSR cams

gotsboost

forum member
Reaction score
What does everyone think the best NSR cams are. I thinking Stage 2 Mutha Thumprs but was wanting some info on all my options before I make the buy. Dyno sheets would be great thanks.

b00stedgt

Reaction score
If you search this website you will probably find all of the information you need and more. This topic has been discussed in detail many times over

Buddyweiser

forum member
Reaction score
I make 327whp and 331wtq with FRPP hot rods and jba Long tubes and a couple other mods

crabcakes and football

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Ford Racing "Hot Rod" cams with CAI, LT Headers, UD pulleys and intake manifold CMDP - you gain torque at the low end of the RPM range where others do not. Save yourself some time (and grief) on the forum - please use the SEARCH button. You can hear the "Hot Rod" cams as I drive through this corner in the video.

Last edited:

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
What does everyone think the best NSR cams are. I thinking Stage 2 Mutha Thumprs but was wanting some info on all my options before I make the buy. Dyno sheets would be great thanks.
:buttkick: yup you deserve one of these. SEARCH function is here for a reason so use it.

Jeffs08gt

Reaction score
I have the stage 2 thumper cams and like them alot. Alot of people don't like them because they have a low rpm roughnes to them. Low gears help a little. You might want to check out Brenspeeds Detroit rockers rough idle with like stock driveability and full vct.

06z28eater

forum member
Reaction score
Ford Racing "Hot Rod" cams with CAI, LT Headers, UD pulleys and intake manifold CMDP - you gain torque at the low end of the RPM range where others do not. Save yourself some time (and grief) on the forum - please use the SEARCH button.

my exact same mods i have on the way to do it all at once. cant wait

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
yeah go with the bbr stage 1s, I dont even have my 4.10s in yet ( there still in the box lol) or a stall, and its my dd and an auto and I have the stage 1s and they have no reliabilty issues whatsoever and work great !

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
i thought the stock springs were only good to .450 lift? the bbr cams are .480. how much more of a gain do you guys see with these over comp cams stage 2 nsr's?

SVTsupremecy

forum member
Reaction score
4 GOOD choices from what I have researched (thinking of going cams for a while now)

1. Comp NSR
2. BBR stage 1
3. Brenspeed detroit rockers
4. FRRP hot rod cams.

gotsboost

forum member
Reaction score
yea I went through 6 pages of searching. I figure it would be nice to have a thread just for NSR cams. Looks like BBR stage 1 cams net the most power.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
yea I went through 6 pages of searching. I figure it would be nice to have a thread just for NSR cams. Looks like BBR stage 1 cams net the most power.

Does someone have a dyno that overlays the BBR Stage 1 vs. the FRPP Hot Rod cams to see where the gains are across the RPM curve?

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
I loved my mutha thumpers

here it is with flowmasters A/T

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/dabdou1970/?action=view&current=09mustanggtmuthathumpers.mp4

Here it is stock muflers and e-cutout. still N/A then. I think this is with the LT's as well. can't remember.

Don't focus on the ant crossing the bottom of the screen. I somehow seem to get one in almost all me videos lol

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/dabdou1970/?action=view&current=stange-cutouts.flv

I'm installing my BBR stage 2's tomorrow, more videos coming

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Those BBRs sound great. I love the way my d rockers sound with my JDM m90 tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back