Best price approach for 2005 manual to automatic swap

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was toying with the idea of making one of the Mustangs (2005/2007) an automatic. Lots of threads here and elsewhere with parts lists for manual to 5r55, although I don't get sense of real cost (~I see estimates in the $5-6k range, although that's not clear if that's all new parts, used parts, or a mix). Also, I see race packages (ex, JPC Racing) but this is really targeting a street car for the missus.

What's a better auto trans for a 2007? the 4R70W seems like overkill.

Just looking for thoughts and ideas, but hell I could probably buy a nice SN95 automatic for the swap price...

Thanks for commenting.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Sigh.gif

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
may wanna pm a mod and move this to mustang chit chat instead of s550. as far as the swap. im sure there are people here selling used autos in the 500- 1000 price range. then youre going to need a new computer and a trans cooler. youre probably looking in the price range of about $2500 all said and done. unless of course you find someone close by who has an auto and wants to trade

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Basic parts ran me ~$1K (tranny, PCM, shifter, pedal, cooler, etc - all from a donor car)... then another $1.5K for a good converter, input shaft and TCI shifter.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
may wanna pm a mod and move this to mustang chit chat instead of s550. as far as the swap. im sure there are people here selling used autos in the 500- 1000 price range. then youre going to need a new computer and a trans cooler. youre probably looking in the price range of about $2500 all said and done. unless of course you find someone close by who has an auto and wants to trade

Crap, thought this was chitchat, must have missmoused. But it's moved, so they caught it. Thanks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back