Best shops in Houston?

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
Two quick questions. First, the best tuner in Houston (or SA or Austin or Dallas, I really want the best tuner in texas as a 3 or 4 hour drive doesn't bother me if I get a damned good dyno tune), I have an SCT X3 if it matters.

Second, I have a pypes mid muffler kit that doesn't fit well, I'd like to get a local (Houston) exhaust shop to fit it and weld it up. Any tips on the best places in Houston? Someone has already suggested memes mufflers off of Richmond, any input on that? Thanks for the help.
Dan

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are three big tuners in Houston: Fastlane, PSI Motorsports, and Strictly Performance. I've used the first two both for tunes and installation work, and they're both good.

I can't recommend a muffler shop. I use a small place here in League City. They do good work for cheap. There's probably ten such shops in each town, so I'd say pick whatever is close.

This will probably get moved to the South Central regional forum, where there are already a couple of threads on this topic.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fastlane,in Houston. Nick Field is one of the best. Tell him I sent you. He and Anthony are good people.

As for mufflers, I went to a Midas and was very happy with the work I got, but can't remember the location. One of the few places that didn't try to screw me for a simple weld.

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
This will probably get moved to the South Central regional forum, where there are already a couple of threads on this topic.

Didn't even think of that, totally should have searched there before I posted. Thanks.

Damn guys, thanks for all the tips. I went to strictly last time, not really a dyno tune he just did four pulls to add some timing. Didn't really like the service there, though I'm sure they are a very capable shop (especially from all the work they had going on).

Ill check out fastlane, though I have also heard really good things about PSI. Thanks again everyone!
Dan

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
what does fastlane charge for a tune. fixing to do heads and cams and i don't really trust the guy in killeen. that and i don't want to have to buy another tuner just to get the tune.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what does fastlane charge for a tune.
Fastlane = $250 per hour of dyno time.
PSI = $360 for the first tune and $150 for re-tunes. (I think)

You may come across a thread about how hard it is to get dyno time at some of these places. They're all busy. I only have experience with the two above, but for me, it was way easier and more customer friendly at Fastlane. You call and an actual human answers the phone! You email and they actually reply. So for me, it's all decided by customer service, not necessarily price.

Last edited:

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
yeah i think i emailed fastlane once about install prices for something. they responded very quickly. think i'll try that again. maybe if i can plan ahead now and actually get a date reserved this far in advance there won't be as much of a problem.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah i think i emailed fastlane once about install prices for something. they responded very quickly. think i'll try that again. maybe if i can plan ahead now and actually get a date reserved this far in advance there won't be as much of a problem.

That would be Anthony, the front line of Fastlane. You have any issues, let me know and I'll text him to death, lol!

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dan tuned my car at Fastlane and Nick was awesome about working out what I wanted in the tune after I got back to Louisiana. I recommend Fastlane to anyone since they went above and beyond to help me.

I drove the car to Houston for business and decided I wanted to go to HRP and make some runs. After the original tune from an unnamed shop in Louisiana tuned it, I removed an inlet restriction(Lightning 90mm Mass Air and installed BA5000 in 4" inlet tube). Well car was acting funny when it got into boost so I brought it to Houston Performance to put on dyno and found out A/F was at 13.3:1. Houston Performance didn't have time to tune it since they were booked solid. They recommended Fastlane to me and Nick was also booked solid in shop and tuning. Nick squeezed my car into shop to change plugs(which involved pulling supercharger off) and tune it for me so I could go race. I was more than pleased with the tune as it also was a huge improvement over the original tune that was in the car. I would not think twice about packing up for a 6 hour drive to get them to tune it again.

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
Where are you? My car is tuned in Louisiana.

Houston.

...for me, it was way easier and more customer friendly at Fastlane. You call and an actual human answers the phone! You email and they actually reply. So for me, it's all decided by customer service, not necessarily price.

Dan tuned my car at Fastlane and Nick was awesome about working out what I wanted in the tune after I got back to Louisiana. I recommend Fastlane to anyone since they went above and beyond to help me.

I agree, good customer service is worth quite a bit to me. Thanks again everyone.
Dan

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back