Best spark plugs and wires?

Allen

forum member
Reaction score
I dont want to start a debate but I have no idea what would be best. I have an 05 V6. The engine and transmission is completely stock. The engine has 102, 000 miles but runs well.

What would you suggest?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thread cleaned up - as much as we don't care for the n00bness - it is a tech section thread

OP - stick to OEM - get from Rockauto.com - best pricing.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
ive run motorcrafts, autolites, ngk iridiums and bosch fusions. they have all ran good. i cant get plugs around here so i get them online. ive used this place a couple times. heres a short list of some 4.0 plugs to choose from
Sparkplugs.com - Application Search Results

also, if your gonna replace your coil and wires with a demon coil that allows bigger plug gaps, i would highly recommend the bosch fusions. they burn great and you dont have to gap them. the single electrodes arent that great with a .065 gap.

ive had 60k great miles with my demon and livewires.
2005-2010 Mustang V6 Ignition

staying all stock is fine too

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
the stock plugs are good - just get the autolite 5143 and be done with it. There is no advantage to the more expensive plugs, and some of them will cause damage and don't last as long as the 5143's.

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for highjacking the thread......but what about the guys who are running prochargers? What is the ideal plug........i've been doing my research but there are billions of plugs out there. wanna hear from actual consumers

roddy

Reaction score
For forced induction, a colder heat range plug is suggested. The autolite 5143 or NGK TR6 (4177) will do nicely.

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
Autolite HT0s have worked great for me! And make sure to gap them right! (No they are not gapped right out of the box). The difference between .040 and .030 is the difference between a V-8 and a V-2 when it comes to forced induction!

V-6Power

Reaction score
I just put in Taylor Street Thunder wires from American Muscle and a set of E3 plugs and my car found new power and better mileage .

Cardriver333

Reaction score
I know the last post was in 2015, but I don't wanna start a new thread just for this. I put ap5143 gapped to .054 in my 07 v6. Measured the gap in the plugs I took out (motorcraft) and they were gapped at .074. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Oem Plugs on my 2010 GT (V8) were oem gapped to .060". Once the small roush M90 blower installed, new Brisk silver plugs installed, with a .035" gap ( 5 psi boost). With 8-9 psi boost, gap reduced to .032". The trbl starts with just over 10 psi boost. At that point, one heat range colder plugs are used. With 9 psi or less boost, normal heat range plugs are used.

Don't assume new plugs are gapped correctly. Gap them yourself. Then you know they are gapped correctly.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back