Best way to launch 5r55s with stall and two-step

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
So, should I bring the two-step to the same setting as the stall or should I go a little below the stall? Or, over the stall? It's a turbo car and I would like to load the motor some to build boost while on the two-step. Thoughts?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think there are just too many variables to answer that question.

It depends on how your car builds boost (or where in the rpm range), track conditions, and how much your tire/suspension can handle.

For a general rule, I have a PG with a transbrake, 5500 stall, but my 60' times are best around 4500. BUT--I modify that a lot based on track conditions. If it sucks I might be at 3000. Great conditions I may leave at 5000. Just depends.

So bottom line is "I don't know" and you will have to experiment to see what is best for your combo and track conditions.

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was just curious if it's common to launch above, below or at your stall. I don't have the availability of a transbrake and need to footbrake the car. So, depending on track conditions I might not be able to hold it to certain RPM's.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I wouldn't set the 2 step higher than your stall, seems like it would be useless up there.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was just curious if it's common to launch above, below or at your stall. I don't have the availability of a transbrake and need to footbrake the car. So, depending on track conditions I might not be able to hold it to certain RPM's.

Below or at. I don't think you could above as either you would start spinning the tire or push the car through the beams.

I wouldn't set the 2 step higher than your stall, seems like it would be useless up there.

X2

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! I have it set right at my stall for now and will test to see how the car reacts if I lower it.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
How do you have the two step set up? I had mine on a micro switch on my clutch pedal. A lot of guys at the track had theirs on a button on the brake pedal.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back