Big brake kit

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
well any good deals on gt500 calipers recently? or know anyone have some sitting on a shelf?

the rotors do look quite expensive and that would be my big concern, as far as the ribbing though i would think that with proper cooling ducts they wouldnt. i would hope. but for a little over 500$ it has larger rotors/pads/piston size in relation to the stock setup. as long as the 2 piece last a little bit i would say its an ok deal. im going to research the baer rotors and see what type of rotors and how much each would cost.

im also bugged about the -03AN lines instead of regular braided lines? why would someone change them out? he says it is the off the shelf kit but why would it be changed? im not trying to make him look bad, i just want to get the facts down.

thanks!

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I would definitely go with the GT500 kit just for the ease of access to parts, but i absolutely LOVE my stoptech kit...

replacement 2 pc rotors are NOT cheap, but replacement GT500 rotors are.

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
Personally, unless you can afford to upgrade to a kit with 2-piece rotors, I would (and do) stick with the stock GT brakes. The larger rotors are HEAVY. I'm not sure the additional swept area outweighs the additional cost of the GT500 brakes, the more expensive pads, and the extra unsprung weight.

Just my $.02

Dave

Back