Bigger GT500's On The Prowl...

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that aint nothing Bro, my fusion would pass that shelby and get 30mpgs while doing it......of course it will be setting still on the showroom floor...lol but the fusion is bad man...bad....

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
"As it is already traction limited, we don’t see the 0-to-60 number changing much. We do, however, anticipate that it’ll be a straight-up bitch to launch consistently..."

That's the best quote I've seen from a journalist in a long while! Lol.

I agree with that, still the fun thing is trying to hook up! And wow I am famous my reputation and the love for me precedes me! Thank you guys I really feel the love. And I can personally say the 2011 GT500 SVTPP is a car that I drool over, one of my best friends has one that he lets me drive and I am in heaven!

I just hope GM brings the 638 hp LS9 to the ZL1, so Ford can add DI to whatever engine the GT500 ends up with I hope something bigger cube like the article talks about.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That can't be good for CAFE...

It'll just be the 80's all over again. They advertise and push the shit out of the econoboxes and let the performance cars sell themselves to the guys that want them and are going to buy them anyways. They'll end up selling lots more econoshitboxes which will be used up piles of shit in 6-8 years, but in that time those cars will help meet CAFE.

It's all a big bullshit game.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As long as we don't go back to the 70's where you could only get gas on odd or even days depending on what the last digit of your liscence plate was...or having V8 mustangs making 160-180 hp to conform to standards.

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score
As long as we don't go back to the 70's where you could only get gas on odd or even days depending on what the last digit of your liscence plate was...or having V8 mustangs making 160-180 hp to conform to standards.
i dont have numbers on my plate.

i either win rediculously or lose horribly

Dr Wu

Faraway
Reaction score
"This will be more than just a bored out 5.4. Do you remember hearing all the 5.8 coyote rumors? Its a pretty safe bet that ford will bust out their new engines on this one. Its been well known that they were working on a 5.8 coyote engine. The zl-1 doesn't stand a chance."

I pulled this quote from a GT 500 dedicated section in another forum. I've heard this too from other sources. Who knows... I'd be neat though.

06Mach1

forum member
Reaction score
Is it safe to say that we're so beyond muscle car territory now and we're quickly approaching super car status? Geez, this is getting out of hand lol

Sweet engine though...brought back the 302 this year...351 in two years...please tell me a 429 is next!

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I am willing to bet this engine is 5.4 based and not 5.0 based. Its seems as if everyone forgets the GT500 5.4 is good for 700 rwhp and the Ford GT Supercar 5.4 good for 1000 rwhp on stock internals.

topbliss

Reaction score
the bar just keeps rising every year. Its quite amazing.. TODAY are the glory days of the American Muscle car.. Enjoy it guys. It won't last forever.. Remember what happened in the 80's..

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
the bar just keeps rising every year. Its quite amazing.. TODAY are the glory days of the American Muscle car.. Enjoy it guys. It won't last forever.. Remember what happened in the 80's..

You mean in '73...? And the difference is with the technology we have today, we can enjoy big HP numbers AND good fuel mileage. In addition to that, each manufacturer has many options for vehicles with varying fuel mileage. As long as the Focus's, Civics, and Corollas are selling, they can continue building toys like GT500's.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I am willing to bet this engine is 5.4 based and not 5.0 based. Its seems as if everyone forgets the GT500 5.4 is good for 700 rwhp and the Ford GT Supercar 5.4 good for 1000 rwhp on stock internals.
If you increase the bore and stroke of a 5.4 by the same amounts as the Coyote has had and make the block changes required to fit the Coyote heads and you have a 354 cube monster motor!

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This thread should be titled "bigger condors on the prowl"...isn't that what ford code named the 5.4 GT500 powerplant?????

05yellowgt

Reaction score
If the n/a 5.0 is the Coyote then a 5.8 blown or turbo motor with coyote heads should be dubbed the "Big Bad Wolf".

G.T

Reaction score
what's the point of camouflaging it? the exterior is identical to the 2010+ GT500 in every way.. except for the rear diffuser which they've removed, meaning the car could have been more camouflaged by simply not being camouflaged.. if you get my drift :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back