Biggest Bang for your Buck Performance Mods

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just got my daily back so I stopped caring about voiding my warranty and am ready to start making some power. Im just looking for some real world opinions on whats the top 5 mods that will make the most difference in performance for the value. I have a 2014 gt, bone stock other than frpp tune and muffler deletes. Everyone in my home town is Bowtie or Die so I cant get help anywhere else I dont necessarily have a goal for horsepower but Id like it to run mid to low 11s at least in quarter mile.

Thanks in advance!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Forced induction. Best bang for $.
Suspension to put the power down

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tune
If A6 - transmission converter
Rear drag radial

Supercharger

07 Boss

Reaction score
Nitrous is going to give you the biggest bang for your buck hands down. But start building from the ground up. Have a plan. Tires and suspension, then drive train, and then build the power. Just saying, it's probably the best way to build a car.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Tune will give you a big boost in power. My last car was 643rwhp so when I bought this one I just assumed I was going to drop another blower on it. But after getting a VMP tune I'm still happy after 2.5 years and 20K miles.

And not all tunes are equal. Do some research to find out who delivers and who just makes promises. The cheapest tune won't be the best.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Ok so I have seen a few saying tires. I just bought some 295/35r18 toyo tr1s last week but theyre not installed yet.

And yeah I was thinking Paxton 2200sl. Is that the way to go on the coyote?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Nitrous is going to give you the biggest bang for your buck hands down. But start building from the ground up. Have a plan. Tires and suspension, then drive train, and then build the power. Just saying, it's probably the best way to build a car.
I agree about power for money, but nitrous scares me haha. Do you run your car on bottle?

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For a good all round car and a M/T:
1. Tune from a reputable tuner
2. Rear lower control arms
3. LCA relocation brackets
4. Wider wheels and tires
5. Shock/strut/spring combo-lots of reasonable options.

If A6:
1. Tune
2. Circle D converter
3. Wider wheels and tires
4. Springs/shocks/struts
5. Set of spare wheels and drag radials for the track

A power adder would be the best for the dollar if power is the main concern but it is easy to make way more power than you can put down.

Last edited:

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
For a good all round car and a M/T:
1. Tune from a reputable tuner
2. Rear lower control arms
3. LCA relocation brackets
4. Wider wheels and tires
5. Shock/strut/spring combo-lots of reasonable options.

If A6:
1. Tune
2. Circle D converter
3. Wider wheels and tires
4. Springs/shocks/struts
5. Set of spare wheels and drag radials for the track

A power adder would be the best for the dollar if power is the main concernf but it is easy to make way more power than you can put down.
I agree with that 100%. My car blows those stock pirellis off like they were golf cart tires. Getting it to the ground is first.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just got my daily back so I stopped caring about voiding my warranty and am ready to start making some power. Im just looking for some real world opinions on whats the top 5 mods that will make the most difference in performance for the value. I have a 2014 gt, bone stock other than frpp tune and muffler deletes. Everyone in my home town is Bowtie or Die so I cant get help anywhere else I dont necessarily have a goal for horsepower but Id like it to run mid to low 11s at least in quarter mile.

Thanks in advance!

Bang for the buck? Right here:

http://departmentofboost.com/products/2011_2014_mustang_gt/gt550_index.htm?574-The-S197-amp-S550-Coyote-Manifold

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
It's the m122 off a gt500 for the basic package

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I'm skeptical. Details?

Just re-opening an old wound. Made a stupid mistake 6 years ago let my 19 year old son drive my SC'd 07 with his girlfriend and he put it into a tree. So next round upgraded brakes first thing and no more letting son driving my car. He can wreck his own and foot those bills.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Just re-opening an old wound. Made a stupid mistake 6 years ago let my 19 year old son drive my SC'd 07 with his girlfriend and he put it into a tree. So next round upgraded brakes first thing and no more letting son driving my car. He can wreck his own and foot those bills.

Doesn't sound like it was a brake problem.:whistle1:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Depending on your goals forced induction imo. It's the most safe hp return for money spent anyway.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back