Black car help

Black Lightening

07 GT/CS
Reaction score
Try this: http://www.getshamwow.com/Default.asp?tcode=asp&bhcp=1

Then tell me if it works cause 1/2 the time its just too go to be true :clap:

Tried that. Its a POS. Doesn't absorb at all. Wasted my money.
Absorber works the best. Place the Absorber damp back in the tube each time....works great.

Also, since my car doesn't get extremely dirty/muddy...just dusty...I use Mr Clean Autodry just in the rinse mode. I just rinse the car off. This way I get no water spots since the minerals are trapped by the filter.

Last edited:

oldpanzer

Reaction score
My mustang is mineral grey however I have had a black corvette Z06 as a daily driver that I took to a weekend local car gathering for six years. I have washed my black car may times of course. The best way is to have some good synthethic polish on the paint so the dirt has less surface to grab on to. Put some Rejex protectant on your wheels. Then to finish it after the wash I use a high speed leaf blower on my car while it in the shade. The few extra moments blowing makes it unnecessary to have to use and towel or chamois on it. What can I say it has worked for me for years. I used to have black 30th anniversay Tbird Supercoupe but I didn't think of this superior method back then and had to do it the hard way like most people. :D :thumb:

stlsteph08

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips guys! So far so good. I have been adding layers of Zaino and the swirls are very minimal. :beer:

SGT2241

Reaction score
I don't know if you've gotten an answer you like yet but this is what I do with my black stang and works perfectly. No water spots at all.

After I rinse, I blow out all the creases (grille, door jams, side scoops etc.) and holes with my air compressor. Blow all flat surfaces off (trunk, hood, roof) so you save your towel and makes it dry easier.

Then I dry it with Griots Garage towels. http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+drying/micro+fiber+drying+towel.do

After thats done if I drive somewhere and water comes out for some reason and leaves spots I just use speed shine with a microfiber towel.
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product...keyword=speed+shine&sortby=newArrivals&page=1

Oh and use soft water if you have it. I got a hose in my garage that uses soft water.
Do that and it will turn out perfect.

Last edited:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you want an absolutely spot free car you must rinse it with De-ionized water then dry it using a leaf blower.

The best way to rinse it with DI water is using the CR Spotless filtration system.

It is available at costco.

Royb

forum member
Reaction score
So my new GT is black and I can not for the life of me find a good way of drying it after I wash it that avoids water spots. I use a chamois (spelling?) but it doesn't work out well. I have plenty of coats of wax on it (I'm a Zaino freak) so the water usually beads off nicely, but sometimes it doesn't.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've never had a black car, so I'm not 100% in the loop on maintaining the paint. Most of my cars have been red and have been pretty easy to take care of, especially with a million coats of Zaino on them.

Thanks! :popcorneat:

little secret - most water spots come out with vinegar - try 50/50 first & that should do it. swirl marks use 3m final glaze - by hand or 3m blk pad.
only wash is shade with car is cool to touch.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
little secret - most water spots come out with vinegar - try 50/50 first & that should do it. swirl marks use 3m final glaze - by hand or 3m blk pad.
only wash is shade with car is cool to touch.
A glaze will fill not eliminate swirls.
If you want to verify if you are filling and not eliminating swirls do a wipedown using a 1:1 ratio of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water.
If you want to eliminate swirls use 3M Ultrafina SE on a 3M blue pad as a final step before your sealer or wax.

Last edited:

mygt500

Stangpede Co-Captain Michigan Chapter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
glazes will not remove as Thumper has stated...... a good wet sand (if all else fails) and a rubbing compound and DA polisher or circular polisher (exp required) will get most water spots out followed by a glaze and a wax... I use meguiars products and love the tech wax 2.0! great for black paint!

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
best thing is definitly the leaf blower i squeegee mine then hit it wiht the leaf blower only way i've found to completely get rid of water spots.

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
I use a microfiber towel to get most of the water off..Then a dry microfiber towel for the rest..i can dry it in about 5-8 minutes...

I do the exact same thing. I have about 25 micro fiber towels and that is all I use on all my cars.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back