Black fiday got me, Hello paxton!!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Anybody have the compressor specs for the SL2200 Paxton head unit? If I go to Paxton's site, it'll give you the specs for the non SL units, then when you click on the NOVI SL it'll just give you the kits that include the SL head unit, but no specs on the compressor's

I've run into the same thing. Owners of the 2200 kit on this site insist that the 2200 comes with the 2000 blower. You will know for sure by measuring the inlet and outlet. They are larger on the 2000 than the 1200.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
What specs are you looking for?

that was shared by Eric over at JPC quite some time ago and i used it to figure out my rpm for quite a while. The 2200sl is rated at 53k as well

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
What specs are you looking for?

that was shared by Eric over at JPC quite some time ago and i used it to figure out my rpm for quite a while. The 2200sl is rated at 53k as well

Those are the specs I was looking for, particularly the step-up ratio. Thank you very much. Hard to believe this info isn't on Paxton's site.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I tried going to the 10%, but the 20% already shipped, hopefully with a 3.8 blower pulley it won't be too out of hand, if so I'll just buy a 10%, and sell the 20%, I think the 20 will work fine though...

It's not just a matter of swapping the balancers. You have some finagling to do in order to get your belt length correct, either swapping belts or swapping idler pulleys or both. You need to keep the tensioner near the center of its travel range when at rest. If it's too loose then you get belt slip but if its too tight then you might end up with broken oil pump gears one day.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
It's not just a matter of swapping the balancers. You have some finagling to do in order to get your belt length correct, either swapping belts or swapping idler pulleys or both. You need to keep the tensioner near the center of its travel range when at rest. If it's too loose then you get belt slip but if its too tight then you might end up with broken oil pump gears one day.
I have all winter and I'll get it done correctly I'm sure. I doubt with 8 rib and two large diameter pulleys that I'll have much if any slip, and I will take the time to have it done right.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back