Bleeding brakes shortcuts

linderpat

Reaction score
Do the wheels have to come off, or is there a trick I am missing to quickly bleed the brakes without removing the 4 wheels? Not that removing the wheels is hard (obviously), but jacking the car, getting it on stands is a pita. Looking for fast brake bleeding tips, as car will be tracked soon.

07 Boss

Reaction score
If you can reach the fitting OK you shouldn't have any issues. Depending on what kinda wheels you have I guess. Kinda seems like a bigger pain to try and do it with the wheels on though.

I have a pneumatic bleeder that works pretty well. Comes with a fill bottle that flows into your reservoir while you are sucking it out the other end. I pretty much do 99% of the work on my car solo, so shit like that helps.

linderpat

Reaction score
If you can reach the fitting OK you shouldn't have any issues. Depending on what kinda wheels you have I guess. Kinda seems like a bigger pain to try and do it with the wheels on though.

I have a pneumatic bleeder that works pretty well. Comes with a fill bottle that flows into your reservoir while you are sucking it out the other end. I pretty much do 99% of the work on my car solo, so shit like that helps.

Mag style wheels, so maybe could get to them, but it doesn't sound especially viable. I have the power bleeder too. It does make the job fairly quick. I just haven't done he Mustang yet.

Do all the pita stuff "jacking the car, getting it on stands" but leave the wheels on.

meh; if I go through the trouble of lifting it, then I'll use the air gun and pop the wheels right off. Wish I had a 2-post lift!

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Easy way to bleed the brakes and or the clutch is with a hand vacuum pump. attach to MC and pull 15" for 5 min.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I always jack it up, put it on stands, and remove the wheels when I do it on mine. I wish it was as easy as when I do my jeep's.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I never pulled the wheels but I use the tube and bottle attached to the bleeder nipple to catch the brake fluid. I also lay an old towel in the wheel to catch drips and mop up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back