Blxcklist's '14 GT Build Thread

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Hello all,

I figured it might be time to start a build thread since it seems I'm never done modding and buying shit for my car lol.

Anyway I traded in my 2005 GT automatic for a brand new 2014 5.0 manual the first week of September. I absolutely fell in love with the 5.0 the first time I drove it. The extra power was amazing as well as it was just a nicer, more refined car. Nothing wrong with the 3v platform (lets not start that war) but my 05 had 70k on the odometer and it had been raced and drove hard everyday for years and started to have creaks and noises as well as quite a few imperfections that really bothered me.

So here it is the day I brought it home.

Then I had them throw on 5% limo tint the next day.

First two things that HAD to go was the stock wheels and the stock exhaust. So I ordered a set of GT500 mufflers the first night I had the car and then took it to Les Schwab for a new set of wheels. When I was switching out the axle backs a couple days later I fired up the car with no mufflers and fell in love with the sound, so I drove it to the muffler shop and had them throw some tips on and make me some muffler deletes. Turns out the tips they had looked like crap and the muffler deletes droned like crazy on the freeway. Not to mention they didnt use the inlet pipes from the stock mufflers like I asked and welded the new muffler deletes straight to my stock over axle pipes. So I knew they wouldnt last long before I changed it to something else.

Anyway Les Schwab had a set of wheels in stock that I liked so I went ahead and purchased them. 18" TSW Tremblants

So wheels, exhaust, and tint all in the first week. Progress was going well.
My original plan was to only do tint, exhaust, and wheels then be happy and just drive it, no more modding. Well I have a problem lol. I cant leave it alone.

Winter was about to start setting in here in Idaho so I figured I would stock pile parts throughout the winter and do a decent sized build in the spring.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
My goal is to build just a nice bad ass street car. Not going for 11 second time slips, not going to wannabe Paul Walker F&F street racer, just something I can modify to my liking and keep in the garage until Im an old man.

So my parts orders thus far are looking something like this

SCT X4 (Installed)
Bama V2 Tune (Installed)
Steeda cold air intake (Installed)
H&R sport springs (Installed)
Lethal over axle pipes (Installed)
GT500 axle backs (Installed)
Boss Coil Covers (Installed)
J&M adjustable panhard bar (Installed)
BMR Lower control arms
MMD hood struts
Offroad H (Installed)
Cervinis Cobra R hood (ordered)
CDC Grille (Installed)
Boss 302 strut tower brace (Installed)
Niche Targas 18x8.5 F & 18x9.5 R (Installed)
Pirelli 275/45/18s (Installed)

Pretty basic build plan so far.

Future plans this year:

Barton short throw & 2 post
JBA or BBK long tubes
Boss intake manifold
Moroso aluminum coolant expansion tank

Long term future plans:
Paxton, or Vortech supercharger

Last edited:

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Began to hate the stock 4x4 stance and the grand canyon wheel gap so I got a set of H&R sport springs. Estimated drop was 1.0 F and 1.6 R.

Of course to go with lowering springs an adjustable panhard needs to go with it. I went with a J&M to save a couple bucks. Wish I would have went with a BMR because the BMR is MUCH higher quality. Anyway the J&M will work for now.

My ghetto plumbobs

Last edited:

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Next up ditching my factory over axle pipes with the welded on muffler deletes for a set of Lethal Performance over axle pipes and a set of GT500 axle backs. After I took out the factory over axle pipes I was very glad I did because there is one hell of a crimp where it goes over the axle and it necks down to around 2.25" before and after the resonators.

GT500s arrived

Lethal pipes

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Now going from resonators and muffler deletes to GT500s with resonator deletes I was underwhelmed by the overall volume. The tone is great and there is ZERO drone but it is quiet. Too quiet for my liking so an O/R H is in order. Just bought SNKPWR's used pypes H pipe.

Anyway next up is my Steeda intake and bama tune. Along with a set of Boss coil covers. The bama tune is going away ASAP. Very unhappy with the way my experience has been with them as of late. I ordered a tune update from them and took nearly a month to get a new tune as well as 4 unanswered emails now and they failed to return my phone call.

Stock was too boring lol

Steeda 101mm cold air, very very high quality intake. Highly recommend it.

My 4 year old son loves to "help" lol gotta get him started early though!

Uploading the new tune

Last edited:

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Now that Im all caught up this is how she sits now.

Last edited:

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Today I ordered a prepainted 4" cowl hood from Cervinis, a shitload of products from Chemical Guys, and an offroad H from SNKPWR. Will update as more stuff comes in and as I install some more parts. Any questions or comments go ahead and post away! Also I will do better pics from now on lol sorry about the weirdness!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

Sound tube delete FTW!!!

Go to O'Reilly's Auto Parts and grab this to plug the firewall hole

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
That sound tube is going away asap lol. Looks terrible, Ford dropped the ball on that piece of crap.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good, car is coming along nicely BLX.

Darren- Did you actually paint your strut mount nuts and bolts?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
:lol: @ the video!

However, you got me all excited for nothing. I was ready to make a purchase!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back