BMR Releases New Product - S197 Mustang Budget Rear Lower Control Arms: TCA032

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
BMR Suspension
S197 Mustang Lower Control Arms - $89.95

Launch harder, reduce wheel hop, and add cornering consistency to your 2005-2014 Mustang with Lower Control Arms from BMR Suspension. These budget control arms are manufactured from 1x2-inch steel tubing, which increases strength over the stock arms, while remaining an economical option for improved handling. The BMR Lower Control Arms (PN TCA032) use 2.0-inch greasable, high-durometer, internally fluted, polyurethane bushings, adding a solid, more responsive feel over the factory rubber bushings. These are the perfect upgrade for the enthusiast looking to improve handling, while maintaining near-stock NVH and ride quality. Installation time is 2-3 hours. Available in black hammertone or red powerdercoat.

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis, email [email protected], or contact us at BMR Suspension, 928 Sligh Avenue, Seffner, FL 33584, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

TCA032_image1_large.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
They look very similar to the TCA019, and there are only a few small differences that we made, to get the cost down.

The tubing on this TCA032 is 1"x2"....compared to the TCA019's 1.5"x2"

The TCA032 is slightly lighter. It weighs about 3.5lbs each, compared to 4lbs each for the TCA019. (OEM is 6lbs each)

The TCA032 is MIG welded, instead of TIG welded.

Moral of the story, the TCA032 cost us less to build, so we are passing the cost savings on to the customer. We could have just changed the TCA019 to this, and REALLY pocketed some coin - because the TCA019 are our most commonly sold LCA here at BMR, out of all the LCA for 15+ cars.

The TCA019 is going to eventually get our new bushings that we have been working on for over 2+years. This LCA was basically made to take the place of the TCA019.

Hope that helps!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Same NVH as the 019. Same bushings, bushing ends, sleeves and fittings. Only difference is the body of the piece.

Eventually, the 019 will get our new unique bushings though.....which will likely let us claim the lowest NVH LCA on the Market. Our new bushing design is pretty incredible.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will american muscle be carrying this item? I have a gift cars and would like to pick a pair up..

I do have another question though. I'm not a huge drag racer by any means.. I actually went down the 1/4 for the first time last sat. I am shopping for lca's and am not sure if I should get adjustable vs non adjustable.. My car is my daily driver in a way.. I have a work vehicle so my car really gets driven on the weekends. It is a stock car for the most part but I want to do better at the track. Will I notice any difference in an adjustable vs a non adjustable for my setup?

Also you may want to know that I might be installing coilovers soon. Will that dictate if I should get adjustable or non adjustable?

Thanks for the help!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Adjustable VS Non-Adjustable:

Most of my customers do just fine with non-adjustable LCA. Adjustment comes in handy when you want to "perfect" your rear suspension geometry, in terms of alignment. For example, if you install non-adjustable LCA, and have a thrust angle of say .10 to .25 (somewhat common)....it is within "spec", which is -.50 to .50.....but it is not perfect. You CAN dial it in to zero, but it takes some serious manipulation of the rear suspension. Much harder than just adjusting a LCA to hit the spec.

Often times, you can get your thrust angle zeroed out with the panhard bar adjustment, BUT....I'd rather the axle be centered within the rear chassis, THEN adjust thrust angle via LCA. Now, too much of anything is bad...so if you have to adjust one LCA more than 1/4" or so different than the other, then you will want to start looking into modifying or manipulating the mounting points of the LCA, etc.

The other benefit to adjustable LCA is the ability to alter wheel base. In handling applications, slightly short wheel bases can be beneficial for throwing the car around aggressively, longer wheel bases can be optimal when road coursing, with not much aggressive maneuvers. Lengthening the wheelbase increases stability, per say.

In drag racing, longer wheel base is always better.

Other adjustments can be beneifical, when speaking of wheel base. For example, if someone likes to run SERIOUS anti-squat....OR, serious squatting.....the wheels/tires actually come forward on launch, which will enable the tire to hit the fenders. I see this A LOT. The rear axle is on an arc. The more suspension travel, the more the wheels move forward.

The best LCA we offer, happen to be the adjustable. Simply because bearings work better for EVERYTHING (except NVH) than poly. So, in other words, the best performing LCA we offer is a fully adjustable set with bearing ends. Not necessarily the best because adjustable, but, the best; because racecar.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Kelly. It sounds like I will need to do a little more homework to better understand thrust angle and go from there. I appreciate your time.

Sean

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thrust angle is basically the relation of the rear axle/wheels to the front.

A perfect (zero) thrust angle, means the rear tires will be basically squared to the front.

thrust-angle.jpg

Typcially, not always.....if the wheelbase is perfect....the thrust angle will be as well.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Are the thrust angles 0* from factory?

They are hit or miss, but close.

Spec is .5 to -.5

Our 2011 had a stock thrust angle of .06 on one rack, and on the other rack it was .09.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have relocation brackets?

If so, you can typically loosen them up, and max out the bolt slop to manipulate the axle enough.

For example, I had a car come in our shop with a .23 thrust angle. I loosened the passenger side Relocation Bracket, pulled it as far back as it would go and torqued it back to spec. The thrust went from .23 to .03.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Panhard bar adjustment can/will also affect the thrust angle. Sometimes, a perfect thrust angle will result in the axle/chassis relationship being 1/8" to 1/4" off center.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Eventually, the 019 will get our new unique bushings though.....which will likely let us claim the lowest NVH LCA on the Market. Our new bushing design is pretty incredible.

Any eta on the new bushing release?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back