BMR Suspension Congratulates JDCoon (J.D. Coon) 2012 NMRA SST World Finals WINNER!!!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
BMR Suspension Congratulates JDCoon (J.D. Coon) 2012 NMRA SST World Finals WINNER!

S197Forum member J.D. Coon took his mid 9-Second GT500 into the finals over the weekend at the NMRA World Finals in Bowling Green and WON!

There were 30+ cars in the Super Stang class, and J.D. had what it took to make it to the end, which is VERY impressive considering that he runs a 9.6@140+ GT500 up against some of the most consistent S197 mustangs in the world.

J.D. and his wife Elisa are great friends and customers of BMR Suspension, and he runs a FULL line of BMR parts under his car, from front to back. He relies on our parts and knowledge to run 1.3 sixty foots and maintain the consistency he needs to be a champion.

Something else I would like to share, J.D. and Elisa are expecting their child to be born any second now, so congrats to them on the victory and the upcoming birth! Here is a pic of them in the winners circle:

IMAG0433.jpg

Here is a picture of his 9.6@140+ GT500 launching!

VIDEO0027_0000014081.jpg

JDCoon

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. It's truly appreciated to have such great support from the BMR crew and all of our racing friends. It was a hell of a weekend!

To all the non-believers, this car has over 14,000 miles and nearly 500 track passes and I have never had a failure with any of my BMR products during that time. My best 60' is a 1.36 @ 3800 lbs. BMR stuff is AWESOME and proven.

Big thanks to my awesome wife (crew chief) for all her support, Shell Racing Fuels, Jim F with Parts Grabber, Brian @ BTS Transmissions for the bulletproof tranny, Jon Lund for the spot on tuning, BMR and Robert Fulmer Chassis. It's been a long hard road and I'm still in disbelief.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice. Congratulations on the win, what a great race to win! 500 track passes? :shock: :bigbeer:

JDCoon

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. Dropped the car off today to have a 10 point moly cage installed along with a window net. Hopefully my work schedule will allow me to make more races next year.

JDCoon

forum member
Reaction score
I started a thread about you on Nadodge. Only Sharadon posted.

Cool, those guys are some good people. They helped me alot back in the dodge days

Post me a link if you get a chance

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back