BMR Suspension S197 K-Member, NEW Features!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Here at BMR Suspension, we are constantly looking for ways to stay "on top of the game."

We have been very successful in the S197 segment of our business, and I attribute that to listening to the customer, service, and producing the highest quality parts per dollar within the S197 Suspension Market.

Other than our Lowering Springs and Sway Bars, every S197 Mustang Suspension piece offered by BMR is designed, engineered, manufactured, coated, packed and shipped in house here in our Tampa, FL facility....with no influence from the outside. NO COPYING HERE. We are true innovators in this market, and it shows by the amount of products on the market that are similar to ours. :thumb2:

Recently, we revised a few things on our current S197 K-Members.

• Front Steering Rack Mounting Points / System (Every K-Member now accepts EPAS racks)
  • Engine Mount Plates for Increased Clearance (for custom Steering rack apps / locations)
  • Modified Engine Stand Gusseting, Allows user to safely modify if needed (allows for more clearance for custom, S&H, and Hellion Turbo Kits)
  • Modified A-Arm Mounting Points (allows A-Arm to be mounted 3/4" higher for lowered cars, improved geometry)
We have also made some recent changes to all of our Tubular A-Arms for more adjust-ability, strength, and a completely new ball joint design.

Here is a picture showing the 3/4" higher A-Arm mounting points, and the new gusset design for more turbo pipe clearance. The gusset we previously used was a tubular gusset, the new gusset is a triangular plate steel gusset:

581320_435144713169872_176781329006213_1647200_1942629339_n.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ironically, I have been working all day long on another slight improvement...

I am excited about the new change. It will first be introduced on the 2011+ 1/2" lowering K-Member.....then continue onto all of them.

DRock

Reaction score
Imma have to keep waiting to order mine then :)

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Posibly dumb question, but does the che trans brace still mount up?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
So the K-Member for any of the new S197 units would now work with the EPAS of the Coyote motor?

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Posibly dumb question, but does the che trans brace still mount up?

You can make it work. You will need to do one of two things, either locate and purchase a couple 6" bolts to mount it or else you will have to cut the mounting tubes on the CHE brace to shorten it up. If you use the longer bolts then it hangs pretty darn low (I snagged mine in a gas station parking lot driving over the underground tank covers) and if you cut the brace then it ends up right in front of the oil pan drain plug.

I cut my CHE brace so now it's not really a sellable item, but I think I'm going to replace it with the BMR brace. I only bought the CHE brace to help with a high RPM shifting issue and it made no difference so it's not doing me much good any way.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
So of I have sportlines will this correct my geometry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
When working with Shelby for the K-Member on the Shelby 1000, we basically revamped everything about our K-Member to set us apart from the duplicators out there. We freshened up the jig, saved a few pounds, strengthened the engine mount plates and implemented some changes for improved clearance.

Here is the new design that we are slowly integrating into all the BMR K-Members:

New Lighter and Stronger Engine Mount Design, Easier Install and improved "piping" Clearance:

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

Triangle Plate Gusset, Replaces the Tubular Gusset Previously used. This, like mentioned in original post, allows for better turbo piping clearance for most of the aftermarket/available turbo kits for 2005-Current Mustangs:
IMG_2874.jpg

New Design A-Arm Mount Plates. This was done for looks and weight savings:
IMG_2875.jpg

The complete piece, awaiting pick-up. Local Customer is coming to grab this fine-piece. Also notice the offset rack mounts, this was part of the complete redesign as well. This was performed for more rack clearance (basically due to the EPAS Steering) This design is standard feature now, on all BMR K-Members.
b944b001-5575-46bb-a00e-26afa282e895.jpg

This newer design is, without a doubt, the best engineered and best fitting tubular K-Member for the S197 Mustang. It is insanely strong, and since 2005 we have not received any feedback of "failure". We feel that innovation AND implementation (revising) is what sets us apart from the rest of the industry.

This piece may be 4lbs heavier than the duplicated (copied) version of it, but you are getting much more for your money when choosing the BMR Tubular K-Member, rest assured.

Oh, and the new price as of April 1st, $499.95!!

Happy Modding!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need one of these. I have a birthday coming up, maybe my wife will read this lol.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Will these features be on the Windsor mount ones as well?

All of them except the engine mount plate revision, as the Windsor engine mounts are completely different.

Speaking of, here is the older version of the windsor K-Member.

KM012_large.jpg

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhhh snap. Looks good Kelly. the motor mounts are easier to understand w a pic. And you can tell the difference between yours and the knock offs now. But for how long? :clap:

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Dammit!

Wish I had waited to order mine now.
Was looking into changing the steering to the newer electric to drop the HP loss that comes with the PS.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
My EPAS works just fine with my "original" version. I'm confused.

I can see how the clearance helps turbo guys though.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We have had the EPAS steering K-Member for over a year now.

We don't just make a k-member for 2011+.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back