BMR Suspension's 2015 Product Line has started!!

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score

SPY SHOTS!!!

BMR Suspension has not one, but THREE Sets of Springs in Development for the S550 Mustang -- Performance, Handling, and Drag.
(The performance version is on the car pictured below...)

BMR will also have :
F and R Sway Bars (both 3-way adjustable).
Front and rear adjustable sway bar end links...
A variety of Poly, Aluminum, and Delrin IRS Bushings....
An IRS Bearing upgrade kit for the Lower Control Arm.....
Subframe Connectors.....

*Please note that the red bars on the car are NOT Subframe connectors, they are BMR S550 Jacking Rails..

IRS Subframe Bushings from BMR Suspension!

BMR's S550 DRIVESHAFT LOOP - Part #DSL017

This photo shows the DS Loop on BMR's drag development car, you might as well write the part number down now.... :)

We also got our hands on the first photos of...
BMR's S550 Front Tubular K-Member 'Street Version' Setup & the IRS Vertical Link!

BMR is also currently working on their "Drag" K-Member for those of you who live at the drag strip.

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone else see the same as me in that the underside looks like a slightly modified s197 chassis?

Lots of similarities

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone else see the same as me in that the underside looks like a slightly modified s197 chassis?

Lots of similarities

That is maybe the reason why the engineers could not lose weight but instead gain some. Instead of redesign the chassis they copied from the S197 and modified to be more stiff and have an IRS adding 80+ lbs.

If they really redesign the chassis I am sure they could lose weight in the proses. All they did was copy the front bumper from the fusion and chassis from S197.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Yep. Lots of S197 DNA in there. I took a long look at the tipped-over car Ford had in their auto show display. It is a new car, but not a clean-sheet design.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I do not blame them. The S197 is simply awesome.

They really put some engineering into the S197 Chassis/Platform....so I am not surprised a few design features crossed over.

It would take forever to explain, but there are many good reasons a lot of the components are similar. The front stuff for example, is WAY different....yet, somewhat similar. They carried over the MT82, 6R80 and the Coyote engine....so no surprise there.

Tron

forum member
Reaction score
when does it get added to the site with prices? also are the springs linear or progressive?

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
I do not blame them. The S197 is simply awesome.

They really put some engineering into the S197 Chassis/Platform....so I am not surprised a few design features crossed over.

It would take forever to explain, but there are many good reasons a lot of the components are similar. The front stuff for example, is WAY different....yet, somewhat similar. They carried over the MT82, 6R80 and the Coyote engine....so no surprise there.

Oh I'm not saying its a bad thing. Just simply stating that after looking at it, it looks damn near identical interms of floorboard/frame rail layout.

And the only reason I started looking was because the admin of Mod Motor Mustangs on facebook was arguing with me that the Cobra jet will not have a solid axle and that there is ABSOLUTELY no way to put one in because there is ZERO room for a solid axle.

I tried my best to prove him wrong with out getting into an internet argument, but he wasnt having any of it.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Yep. Lots of S197 DNA in there. I took a long look at the tipped-over car Ford had in their auto show display. It is a new car, but not a clean-sheet design.

"In evolutionary biology, convergent evolution is the process whereby organisms not closely related (not monophyletic), independently evolve similar traits as a result of having to adapt to similar environments or ecological niches."

Different manufacturers arriving at the same results more or less independently because the requirements of the finished product are more similar than different. Not to see an evolutionary line in the Mustang would be the exception since you see similarities in different manufacturers. Cars are made more and more alike by having to reach the same conclusion.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I agree with all of you. No surprise for me to see a lot of similarity, and I kind of expected it. The S197 chassis is darn good--if it weren't I'd be driving something else right now.

MGT, did you mention to him that if you took the step of removing the IRS first there would be plenty of room to fit the solid axle? It's easier to fit a new suspension after the old one is gone. :idea:

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with all of you. No surprise for me to see a lot of similarity, and I kind of expected it. The S197 chassis is darn good--if it weren't I'd be driving something else right now.

MGT, did you mention to him that if you took the step of removing the IRS first there would be plenty of room to fit the solid axle? It's easier to fit a new suspension after the old one is gone. :idea:

I did, but he just didnt want to listen.

I even explained how the COPO cars are putting 9" in place of the irs in the 5th gen cars. His response was "you'd have to modify the floorboard/mounts" to which i said "no shit."

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It's very complicated. Modify isn't really the right word. You have to completely fabricate the entire rear underside. At that point, you would be better off going another route.

Personally, I rather have a built IRS..

And the CJ are going tostart from body in white. Those cars will be able to fit a 9" because they will be prepared for one.

You can do anything if you want. Those saying you can't go SRA are fibbing. Depends on how much time, money and effort is put forth.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I did, but he just didnt want to listen.
LOL, yeah sometimes when it becomes obvious you are talking to a brick wall it's better to cut losses and move on. Some would prefer to remain ignorant.

You can do anything if you want. Those saying you can't go SRA are fibbing. Depends on how much time, money and effort is put forth.
This. With enough money/time/effort you can do anything. There's lots of examples of that floating around.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back