BMR = Ultimate UCA

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like mine shipped, should be here Thursday!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like mine shipped, should be here Thursday!

Really? Awesome!

What that means is, yours is the one pictured above in Hammertone. :clap:

You officially have the first production piece.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's the NVH like on these things? Are they acceptable for both daily driving and track use?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
What's the NVH like on these things? Are they acceptable for both daily driving and track use?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

I'll let you know soon, just got mine today!!!

Pictures:

Hotel room key for size comparison-

I don't think this gusset is present on other BMR arms:

Machined Aluminum bearing sleeves...very nice

Very close tolerances on these guys...makes me think NVH may not be too bad...shouldn't be crashing around a ton

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Service life on that there spherical bushing?
My panhard bar has sphericals and they are pretty much seized after 1.5 years.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting pics csamsh!

Let me know how the NVH is. I'm very interested in upgrading my UCA.

I have been road testing this thing a lot lately. While I will say, the increased NVH is there - this has got to be the quietest, smoothest operating Bearing UCA I have ever experienced. You WILL notice the more rigidness, no doubt....but IMO, it is very "tame" for a bearing UCA.

Service life on that there spherical bushing?
My panhard bar has sphericals and they are pretty much seized after 1.5 years.

Bearings are weird, in terms of service life. We realize the importance of a high quality bearing in an UCA application, so we chose one of the best bearings on the planet for this specific piece.

I have no way to predict the life, but I would be surprised to see it not last several years under extreme abuse.

Our low 8 second race car has 16 bearings on the suspension, and they have been on the car for 7+ years....with about 450 passes, and are still tight and quiet as can be. They are all QA1 XMR Series, like we use on most of our components.

This is an actual spherical bearing, and is 1"....so it should prove to last quite a while.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can it be used with the stock 2011 UCA chassis mount? (I don't need to change instant center.)

Yes.

BUT:

That is the bolt we supply with our UCA Mount. It is the same 18mm as the OEM bolt.....except it isnt stepped, which is even worse.

I NEVER recommend an aftermarket UCA be used with the factory mount. You will, 100% of the time, experience a clunk at some point in the RPM range while driving the car. The clunk from this tolerance difference, is pretty annoying too.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ A couple companies sell small bushings which take up the slop between the bolt and the upper control arm mount. I used to have them on my car and they worked well. Later I upgraded to the BMR mount and adjustable arm.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
^ Correct. I am just not so sure if they make them for 11+ cars. It's possible.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes.

BUT:

That is the bolt we supply with our UCA Mount. It is the same 18mm as the OEM bolt.....except it isnt stepped, which is even worse.

I NEVER recommend an aftermarket UCA be used with the factory mount. You will, 100% of the time, experience a clunk at some point in the RPM range while driving the car. The clunk from this tolerance difference, is pretty annoying too.

Gothca. So if you're upgrading from stock, you should get the "Ultimate" UCA and the 2011+ UCA mount. Your mount has two holes on it; which one is the "stock" instant center location? The one closer to the chassis bolts or the one farther away?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The one on the bottom is more anti-squat, I have the bmr mount for the 05-10 I think it's the same idea stock being the upper hole.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sky, the 11+ Mount we make is unique in the sense that the upper most position, is actually a little higher than the OEM position.

This is designed for a lowered car.

The lowest position, is designed for a stock ride height car that does not utilize LCA Relocation Brackets.

The UCM001 for 05-10 Mustangs, the Upper Hole is the stock location. The lowest position, like the 11+ is designed for stock height.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So on a 2011 car that's lowered with LCA relocation brackets, which hole should be used on the BMR mount?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back