BMR Watts Link - Teaser

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we cannot please everyone, and we realize that.

What matters is that we offer a solid product at a great price for the consumer.

If we don't become the worlds highest volume seller for S197 Watts Links, or people are put off by the lengthy development and testing process, so be it. There are many other Watts Links out there that may have your name on them.

;)

My comment was more sarcasm based on impatience.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I figured.

My post was just an overall statement, as I know some people aren't pleased that we have decided to revise the part several times.

I have even had one person email me and literally tell me "I wanted this piece so bad, but you guys have a pathetic development schedule. I have gone to a better piece, and will never consider your company again"

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Pricing is $549.95 + shipping. ;)

That said, I was going to stop the pre-order list altogether, but I have now decided to make a second batch pre-order. The first 50 units are spoken for.

The way it works on the larger items we offer is, when we release a part - we only build 50 units initially. There are several reasons we do this. But anyways, we are doing our best to start shipping the 50 units out by 06/01.

Since I had 3 people inquire about pre-orders today...I am likely going to start a "batch 2" pre-order, but those will likely not ship for about a month or so after the first batch.

As stated above, I seriously only thought like 10 people would pre-order, so this has been a pleasant surprise.

If you wanna call me tomorrow, I can take your pre-order. You would be one of the first on the batch 2 list.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I forget ..... is the $550 version chassis-mounted or diff-mounted?

Can we get some "latest" pics of the $550 version?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Chassis mount.

Diff mount, no ETA on right now.

I'll try and grab some pics of it today on one of our cars. ;)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Chassis mount.

Diff mount, no ETA on right now.

I'll try and grab some pics of it today on one of our cars. ;)

Chassis-mount? Cool. I was hoping for that.

Looking forward to the pics.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I figured.

My post was just an overall statement, as I know some people aren't pleased that we have decided to revise the part several times.

I have even had one person email me and literally tell me "I wanted this piece so bad, but you guys have a pathetic development schedule. I have gone to a better piece, and will never consider your company again"
I'm guessing this person has never developed anything.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
They developed a sense of entitlement. I would have hopped on the first pre-order, but I've since stopped autocrossing, so getting a WL is slightly further down my priority list now.

I found the car to be more stable with a WL when I have parties in the rear seats...

:dj:

Kobie

forum member
Reaction score
They developed a sense of entitlement. I would have hopped on the first pre-order, but I've since stopped autocrossing, so getting a WL is slightly further down my priority list now.

You may want to reconsider. The ride quality improvement on the street is dramatic.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Come on guys BMR has only been teasing us with this since 4/14/14 of last year. Surely you can wait another year for a diff mounted version. LOL
Well.....I probably could. Not that I want to, but I have other more pressing parts that are higher priority on the mod list than a WL, so I can wait.

Pricing is $549.95 + shipping. ;)
:shock::trophy::highfive: Well, once I get to the WL, this is one of--if not the--top choice(s). I know Whiskey is happy with his so far, looking forward to more reviews as the initial run gets on cars.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Well.....I probably could. Not that I want to, but I have other more pressing parts that are higher priority on the mod list than a WL, so I can wait.

:shock::trophy::highfive: Well, once I get to the WL, this is one of--if not the--top choice(s). I know Whiskey is happy with his so far, looking forward to more reviews as the initial run gets on cars.

I what? 0.oa

It may surprise you to know that I have never said, nor ever implied that I have ever received a BMR unit. Trust me, you'd know when I got it because I can't keep shit secret and what I was told was that the unit I was receiving earlier than everyone else, had the condition of providing a Fair review of the unit compared to the Fays2 on my car. Aside from seeing some pictures of the unit before they get posted here, I can't say I've seen much more than anyone else on the unit.

Being as it's a BMR piece, I can confidently say it'll be outstanding when it does come out and people get them in their hands. There isn't a single product in their lineup that I would hesitate to run on my car. I've always thought their springs were a little soft for my goals for the car but they've come a long way in addressing that issue by providing options to those looking for something more my way in terms of goals (namely, stiffer springs for handling).

Unfortunately, I wont be receiving the BMR Watts link as my 2009 is getting traded in on a 2015 GT/PP. There is a plethora of reasons for the change that you can read about in my STU build thread for the 2009. I DO plan on continuing my relationship with BMR and hope to be a part of the process for some of their new products for the S550.

claudermilk

Reaction score
:doh2: I would have sworn I had read you posting about having a pre-production unit. One of the previous iteration with the lower point on the center of the frame. Memory fail on my part I guess...

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
:doh2: I would have sworn I had read you posting about having a pre-production unit. One of the previous iteration with the lower point on the center of the frame. Memory fail on my part I guess...

Nah, I was going to have the pre-production unit come but it is still on the BMR test car! :D

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The pre-production piece that Whiskey11 ordered from us, got scrapped because quite a few people expressed their concerns on the ground clearance with the design. (I still have it, and may just give it away to someone eventually)

We were literally 1-2 days from ramping up and shipping out, then at the last minute I made the choice to redesign it.

I want it be right the first time...and IF it ever gets revisions, I want them to be based on the performance or looks of it....not clearance issues, etc etc etc. IE: I want it to be as good as we can possibly make it, in the time we have spent developing them.

We are literally waiting on ONE plate to finish the initial batch, inspect and start shipping.

One simple little plate. This is why I wish every part we touched was made in house, but we cannot make plate steel, unfortunately. :(

We were really hoping our metal supplier would have come through by now, but are still waiting....and waiting...and waiting.

claudermilk

Reaction score
OK. I just somehow got in my head that it had gotten to him and installed. I was concerned about that initial design as well & like your change--gives peace of mind.

I'm still a ways out on a WL, so will be waiting to hear reviews of the first batch out and to see how the diff mount version shapes up. Then I'll make up my mind. Right now I'm 90% leaning to one of the BMR units, 10% to Cortex.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party... But will this work with rear ends that have an axle girdle (beefier axle cover)? Like the FRPP low profile, standard, etc.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
Have any of these even shipped yet, anyone running a one off finished piece???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back