Body Trim/molding removal questions

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Getting car ready for paint, just curious if anyone knows how to remove a few pieces.
First, the black molding pieces running along the ro
Secound, the exterior window trim pieces, ie. The rubber pieces where the window rests in the up position and the plastic piece on the outside of the door that protects the window against dust/rain.

Thanks in advance

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
The door wipers pull out. Roll window down. Remove door panel, then just slide it out.

Don't know what number 1 is.

Very easy.

sent from my Damn phone

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you.......yea been looking online all day and even busted out the Haynes Manual.......but no luck on find that roof molding.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
On the 2010 the roof molding snap onto a couple rivet heads at each end and three clips use double stick tape to hold them in. I used a plastic pry bar start at one end.

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
There are screws holding it in. I was just looking at that piece last week, as I am getting ready for a paint job and wanted to see what it would take to remove them. They were either accessible when you pulled down the weatherstriping or when you removed the plastic cover on the pillar. Sorry I am not nea my car right now to confirm.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back