Reaction score
Dyno'd mine.....
Auto
4.10's offroad x
Jlt cai
Boss intake
388/355
4th gear pulls converter locked
He was able to play with the vc and got some tq back.

S

Steedagus

Hey guys, just wanted to add a little personal note here. I got to spend 2 full days last weekend actually driving a Boss intake equipped car with our cold air intake and 3.73 gears. Whatever mid range torque is missing, its really hard to tell.

I would definitely own a car with that combination. The top end pull was simply intoxicating. Shift at 7300 on the 1-2 then 2-3 shift and it just feels like it pulls harder on each shift. Its amazing.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to add a little personal note here. I got to spend 2 full days last weekend actually driving a Boss intake equipped car with our cold air intake and 3.73 gears. Whatever mid range torque is missing, its really hard to tell.

I would definitely own a car with that combination. The top end pull was simply intoxicating. Shift at 7300 on the 1-2 then 2-3 shift and it just feels like it pulls harder on each shift. Its amazing.

I just installed mine with JLT and BBR 91 tune. Damn these thing is a freak..

Cant wait for these weekend and the 104 tune.....

nowwhat

Reaction score

That it the exact same combination that I have and I agree with you 100%. You will definately not feel the loss that the dyno is showing. If anyone is around the Atlanta area, I will let you take it for a test drive.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
So, what you are saying, is that an intake that flows more and makes more hp on an n/a setup, should increase power on a turbo setup as well?

interesting concept......

lol :)

You don't say...LOL....I got the sarcasm

Uh, yes it does. Been there done that .......... have you ?
I guess you learned something new today.

That is one of the great things about how turbos control and read boost levels. It's not set by some pulley but by TOTAL intake system restriction.
Put bigger heads, bigger intake, better cams and efficiency increases, allowing more air to flow before same back pressure is reached and wastegate opens.

Get it ?

From dyno graphs the stock intake is obviously a restriction to what the motor is capable of flowing. Get rid of that restriction and hp goes up.

So what your saying is that boost is a measure of restriction and not airflow? So if restriction goes down boost may stay the same but airflow will increase?
I see what you did there. :evillaugh:

Now that was funny....LOL...and yes technically a turbo is an exhaust driven supercharger....try that on for size supercharger boys!

That it the exact same combination that I have and I agree with you 100%. You will definately not feel the loss that the dyno is showing. If anyone is around the Atlanta area, I will let you take it for a test drive.

Well can I fly in and take it for a drive? :evillaugh:

nowwhat

Reaction score
Well can I fly in and take it for a drive? :evillaugh:[/QUOTE]

Sure...LOL

luillo

forum member
Reaction score

Do you have an aftermarket clutch installed or is stock???? Maybe your car is Automatic let me know man. i think i am having problems with my clutch after installing all thes shit....LOL

nowwhat

Reaction score
Do you have an aftermarket clutch installed or is stock???? Maybe your car is Automatic let me know man. i think i am having problems with my clutch after installing all thes shit....LOL

My car is a manual with the stock clutch.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back