Boss Intake on an Auto and Converter Q's

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
seems to me the best place for that damn Boss intake is on a Boss, they just arent worth the hassle on a GT it seems, maybe a high strung centrifigal drag car or a road course that lives in the upper end of the tach, but any car driven on the street needs to stay away from that intake

I had great success with it on my 2011. It just requires the proper combo and willingness to spin the motor at a high RPM.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
No, you're not the exception. As was stated previously, the BOSS intake does nothing for you unless you are racing at above 6,000 RPMs. Obviously you are operating above that RPM range.

FWIW, I'm planning on eventually putting the BOSS intake on my car for more linear top-end power delivery for autocross and road racing.

Up until the point where I posted almost everyone had stated the Boss made their car slower. So that is why I made my post.

And of course I am operating in the RPM range where the Boss likes to run, that is why I posted the details behind my tunes.

With the Vortech my car made huge gains above 6800 with the Boss intake. At 7300 rpms (on a Mustang Dyno) I made 622 and was still climbing. I am certain we would have seen 650 rwhp but it was my decision to stop since my goal of 600 rwhp had already been surpassed.

I was considering comparing both intakes with the Vortech but didnt want to spend the money on the dyno when I had already decided to continue using the Boss intake.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back