BOSS Intake on Modded Auto

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, after seeing this I'm not very happy with a certain unnamed vendor saying JLT was the only one that fit. I ordered a JLT and have one in transit right now, but I have a Steeda on my car already.

ouch, well hopefully you can return it and get a refund. If not im sure it would sell here pretty quickly

Liquid

Reaction score
Looking real nice guys! Anyways, is that manifold another prototype of sorts? All other vedors are selling manifolds with "BOSS 302" on it. I must say, I like what you have best.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, after seeing this I'm not very happy with a certain unnamed vendor saying JLT was the only one that fit. I ordered a JLT and have one in transit right now, but I have a Steeda on my car already.

There does seem to be a pattern of lies developing with said vendor lately.

jsnyng

Reaction score
There does seem to be a pattern of lies developing with said vendor lately.

Lies is a pretty strong word that I'm not ready to use.

I'll just say that the recent abundance of inaccurate information has made me rethink future purchases. I was going to buy a set of Racestars and Mickey's this week and still may, but I'm pretty sure I know who I won't be getting them from.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looking real nice guys! Anyways, is that manifold another prototype of sorts? All other vedors are selling manifolds with "BOSS 302" on it. I must say, I like what you have best.

Thank you! It just doesn't have the BOSS piece snapped in place on top. It has a polished plate with our logo.

-Rick

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Lies is a pretty strong word that I'm not ready to use.

I'll just say that the recent abundance of inaccurate information has made me rethink future purchases. I was going to buy a set of Racestars and Mickey's this week and still may, but I'm pretty sure I know who I won't be getting them from.

It's worth looking at LMR for those. They have some nice deals. $1,300-$1,400 roughly for the entire set mounted and balanced with relo brackets. :thumb:

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure you'll see much with just heads on a N/A application. Our car has ported heads, but also has more compression. It really needs a set of cams. We've been pretty busy, but hope to get a stock 5.0 on the engine dyno and do different tests like that soon.

-Rick
I will send my car that way..Im gone for a year. This gives me excuse to spend some money. :)

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

forum member
Reaction score
I have a feeling cams are going to make some good power on this car.

I agree...big time! These engines are going to be making some crazy power once we all figure it out. Thanks for all the info Rick...Job Well Done As Always!

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
I have a question maybe you can answer. Ive noticed on pretty much everyones tune, stock intake or not, theres always some sort of dip in HP on the dyno graph between 4200 - 4800. Is there any reason why that curve is like that? Just curious.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
I have a question maybe you can answer. Ive noticed on pretty much everyones tune, stock intake or not, theres always some sort of dip in HP on the dyno graph between 4200 - 4800. Is there any reason why that curve is like that? Just curious.

I saw that too.

But did you notice on both this car's dyno graph and JJ's, the BOSS intake line is smooth without those twin peaks?

Bad Intention

forum member
Reaction score
I saw that too.

But did you notice on both this car's dyno graph and JJ's, the BOSS intake line is smooth without those twin peaks?

I must have something to do with the different runners in this intake.
There is a guy with a turbo cobra here in new orleans that had used stock intercooler with sheetmetal intake and his dyno graph had a few peaks and valley's. Then he had new custom intake built with longer runners and the graph was more consistant with no peaks or valley's.

Back