Break in time and how?

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine what that must be like to try and hang on to. Just have to get on that horse and try some more. Has to be a blast.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
well.. on my way home I tried a few more mini launches and in a few of them I heard a grinding/popping sound. I cant tell whats really happening if its from the engine or rear end. all I know is I'm tired as hell and has been a pretty shitty day (other then just racing). One thing is for sure that major buying of toys is coming to an end for a while. I have the power pipe / gt500 TB all in box here. I will install those and try to get ram air to it. I will most likely have to go for a re-tune and then thats it (baring nothing breaking). I know I have 11 second car all I have to do is practice. I Fed up the first run pretty good but still got a 12.5. I just hope that noise I heard was not an F'ed up set of 4.10s or my Eaton True track all because I was in a rush to race =-/

lostsoul

Reaction score
errrr.. you told me you wanted to race the vet.. you didnt tell me you were going to "continue" racing Until you got a chance too if he was still around. I thought we agreed to meet out in the front after that one race so we can get some food. I called and sat out in front for 20+ min. I didnt feel right about going today do to Things not broke in yet and my knee was killing me from work. Sorry I couldnt stand out there in the cold for another few hours.

Larmo

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PMP installed mine... did 3 full heat cycles the next couple days and they have been perfect every since.

lostsoul

Reaction score
I did a couple of heat cycles and got about 100 miles on it. Stanly and I went for a ride a few moments ago. The good news is that it doesnt look like gears or the true track is slipping... The bad news is the car is making some popping noise likes its missing timing or spark. It happens only when I whomp on it. Later today we will pull the plugs and see. Last night at the races I told Stanly that one of the runs were going good but when I go into 4th and stomped on it... it was not pulling at all?!?! Something whacky is happening =-/ I hope its just a bad plug.. I just had a new set put on 4 months ago ish from ST. I think I only have 3-4K mil on them. or something else is F'ed up. ahhh

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back