Brembo Brakes and Rotor Installation

28ONE

Reaction score
I might have to start saving up then... lol

Cost me $1300 for Brembo kit & Hawk Ceramics front & rear...

If you decide to go TPS route, you could just purchase the remaining part which consist of Brembo calipers, dust shields, Brembo rotors. I have all the part numbers OCD lol

IMO if you wanted to run non OEM rotors then its better to piece together the Brembo kit yourself...

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
How would something like the TPS rotor, pad, fluid and SS line upgrade compare to just brembo fronts? The TPS kit is $550 for front and rear and Ill probably have 600+ in just front brembos. Any suggestions? I believe the fluid and lines will dramatically help the braking performance on the stock calipers but I wanted to see if anyone has been able to compare.

X2 that this would be a great upgrade over stock, but like you said, you can get GT500 Brembo take offs for around $600+ or so (I got mine from a fellow forum member for $650). Go ahead and do the Brembos, IMHO

I did! I just used Duplicolor caliper paint from my local auto parts store. It was like $8 lol. I was planning on using clear coat on top of the paint and the new decals, but it was not needed. I was very surprised at how well the Duplicolor turned out. I also painted the rotor hats with Duplicolor "Aluminum" ultra high temp paint. I did this to match the new rear rotors, which are bright silver.

9495363197_ef56c4cf43_c.jpg

Those look awesome! Was that Duplicolor brush-on or spray-on paint that you used? I used their brush-on caliper paint on my stock brakes on my '07, and I loved the product. :thumb:

I might have to start saving up then... lol

Yes, yes you do. A nice set of Brembos would look sick behind those new Forgestars! :beer:

28ONE

Reaction score
X2 that this would be a great upgrade over stock, but like you said, you can get GT500 Brembo take offs for around $600+ or so (I got mine from a fellow forum member for $650). Go ahead and do the Brembos, IMHO

Those look awesome! Was that Duplicolor brush-on or spray-on paint that you used? I used their brush-on caliper paint on my stock brakes on my '07, and I loved the product. :thumb:

Yes, yes you do. A nice set of Brembos would look sick behind those new Forgestars! :beer:

+1 just gotta shop around wait because timing is everything. Seems like there are quite a few upgrading to 13' GT500 Brembos :beer:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Those are like 1500. A grand over what I was planning on spending anyways. Plus I highly doubt they will clear my wheels.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
The ones you posted were a grand, so I figured $1500 wouldn't be a leap. Do you have 18s on your car? If so, you're right, probably won't fit. They'll clear most 19s and probably dang near all 20s.

Plus the rears are cool because they're way bigger than the older GT500 stuff!

Paul.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Yeah the only reason I posted that is because it looked like a good deal for what it was! Ill probably end up with the TPS kit unless I find a killer deal on some 4 piston brembo calipers. And yes I do have CF5s 18x9 on the front of my car. Im not sure if they clear brembos or not at all.

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
Yeah I just sprayed them with the duplicolor and added some decals that my buddy had left over from doing his. Masking everything off was the longest part. The paint dries relatively quickly.

I had a buddy paint his camaro's brembos with the G2 brush-on kit and it came out globby and terrible looking. I think spray is the best way to paint these smooth-faced calipers.

I do wish I could have bought that 2013 brembo kit. I have serious doubts that they would have fit though. It does seem to be a great deal for what all you get.

R1V3R5

5-Oh!
Reaction score
I had a buddy paint his camaro's brembos with the G2 brush-on kit and it came out globby and terrible looking.

I didn't have the heart to tell him. But it looks terrible. He ruined perfectly good Brembo calipers. They looked fine before.

28ONE

Reaction score
I didn't have the heart to tell him. But it looks terrible. He ruined perfectly good Brembo calipers. They looked fine before.

G2 Paint with a brush can get messy as it did when I painted my rear calipers...

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score

Hahaha yeah, they look pretty horrible. He needs to sand that ish down and spray them.

The G2 kit worked fine on my stock calipers, but the stock calipers are already a rough surface anyway.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back